Need Help Choosing Buisiness Grade Remote Data Backup Company

nowwhatnapster

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to ditch one of the remote backup companies we have been using because it is overpriced.

Here is my current setup:

• Company: MozyPro www.mozypro.com
  • Data Content: Images, signs, spreadsheets, etc.
  • Size: ~12GB
  • Cost: $16.90 ($10.90/mo + $0.50/GB)
  • PCs: 1 Server, 1 Desktop

• Company: Retail Backup www.retailbackup.com A subsidiary of Backup Nation
  • Data Content: POS data
  • Size: ~1GB
  • Cost: $47.50 ($47.50/mo + $24.50/GB anything over 2GB)
  • PCs: 1 Server

As you can see Retail Backup is crazy expensive. And I'm pretty sure both companies offer the same features and services. I was not around when Retail Backup was chosen to be our backup company. When I came on board I added mozy pro and moved all our large data off of Retail Backup. Our bill was $250/mo until I did that. I kept using Retail Backup because I was under the impression they would reinstall our POS software in the event of a system crash, but after some research I do not see that written anywhere.

So I'm looking for an alternative to backup our POS data, I've looked at some companies like carbonite, but they seem to have mixed reviews. I will probobly backup our POS data with Mozy too, but I do not want to trust one company to our most critical data.

I was hoping to hear from others experiences with backup companies. I'm looking for business grade backup that costs less than $47.50/mo to backup 2GB of data.

BTW the server is running windows 2000 server, and will be upgraded to windows 2003 server later this year. The Desktop is running windows XP Pro. The desktop PC is being backed up because there are co-workers that can't comprehend how to put files anywhere but the desktop and think AOL is the internet.

Send me a PM.

Intronis is great. Still have Mozy Pro but swapping as many business users over to Intronis as possible.

You buy a plan and can use on as many puters as possible, set ammount of plans, you would want to get a 15GB plan and install on the machines.

PM me I will help you out.

I am a little hesitant to go with intronis since you have to go through a reseller. What happens when a reseller goes out of business?

What happens when a reseller goes out of business?

Intronis would slide you over to another reseller, it's not like Intronis went out of business.

Carbonite recently released some new business grade package...Carbonite Pro
www.carbonitepro.com

I know you mentioned Carbonite...but I don't know if you're familiar with their new "Pro" package, which is probably a whole better level of support and any ratings you read are probably just over the home grade package.

They appear wicked cheap. They've been one of the bigger "radio advertised" names around for a few years now, probably as recognizable as Mozy, if not more.

When the reseller goes out of business it doesn't matter, you can sign up for the account yourself through the reseller.

All the reseller does is have a portal page and set pricing. You buy there set pricing, bill your credit card or go through our company and we bill you.

I have used a bunch of the online backup, and tried a few more out. We tried Carbonite before we select Mozy Pro, after a few years of Mozy Pro we sought a better solution for servers with Exchange and SQL. We still use Mozy Pro for server/workstations without Exchange, but use Intronis for the rest.

Intronis is great support, get a live american speak tech in under 1 minute. Tell India hello after 15 minutes on hold with Mozy Pro or Carbonite, even having an accoutn manager.

Intronis compresses data more than the rest, downloads are much faster, Mozy can take up to 24 hours for some things to download.

Forgot to mention, Back Blaze looks good as well, for workstations, unlimited data for 50 bucks.

for intronis, do you contact the reseller, or intronis directly when you need to recover data? ie. hard drive crash, internet to slow to download data, need a physical disc with data on it.

Intronis.

Your reseller is just getting you access to the service. You have your own username and password. https://my.intronis.com/ will be your portal page, you can download the program, contact support, do whatever you need to do.

We just became a partner in Jan and are still working on getting our branded page. If you wanted to sign up through me we may have to process the credit card through our company, unless we get our logo and branded page done quick enough. Either way we dont plan to leave =)

Back