Need help choosing a good Chromebook

alpharalpha

Weaksauce
Needs to be zoom compatible and user friendly for adult and child; 2in1 would be ideal but not required; reliability is #1; at least 64gb internal storage, and a good component set so not sluggish, glitchy etc.
I have found the following, they seem ok but have mixed reviews; can you please help me with this, opinions on ones listed, or suggestions for something else. Thanks.

Acer Spin 311
Dell Inspiron 14
Lenovo C340
Acer 715 (the no-backlit keyboard version)
Samsung Chromebook 3

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You have a mixed bag there. Start off basic. What screen size do you want? You have 11.6" to 15.6" in your options.

Based on what you posted, the Dell or the Acer 715 are the best options as they have the fastest processor in them, but they are larger than the other 3 options which are all 11.6" screen size.

The only one I wouldn't get is the Samsung Chromebook 3 as you can get the updated Chromebook 4 for the same price.

A larger screen would be desirable but not required, better quality components/durability/speed are most important and being a 2in1 is very desirable; but the aforementioned are most important (and weight isn't an issue either.)

Except for that Acer 715 not being a 2in1 I think it is the best myself & while I like the Dell, the reviews state some real problems, the main on is chargers not working, many neg reviews on that; one person mentioned that out of 3 different chargers it would only work with one where his other Chromebook works with all 3. And a lot of them just not working after awhile, appears to be a quality control issue; but I agree, based on processors those 2 are my favs as well.

if you can live with out the 2in1 id grab the 715. the spins also seems really good. ive got a couple carts of them at k-8 schools that are a couple years old and are pretty much mint.

I wouldn't be super concerned about the Dell if you are buying it new. I mean worst case, you return it.

The 2 in 1 looks like it's going to cost you almost an extra $100. If it's worth it to you, then buy the Dell. If not, buy the Acer 715 and be done with it. I can't find anything remotely close to that in price with an i3 in it (casually looking).

Just watch slickdeals.net or something and wait for a good deal.

I wouldn't be super concerned about the Dell if you are buying it new. I mean worst case, you return it.

The 2 in 1 looks like it's going to cost you almost an extra $100. If it's worth it to you, then buy the Dell. If not, buy the Acer 715 and be done with it. I can't find anything remotely close to that in price with an i3 in it (casually looking).

Just watch slickdeals.net or something and wait for a good deal.

Just checked Slickdeals and Best Buy has the HP 360 14c on sale--with an additional student discount--coming in at $399/$432 with tax; has the 10th gen & i3 8gb ram. What do you think of it? Otherwise pretty much set on getting the 715. Thanks.

Just checked Slickdeals and Best Buy has the HP 360 14c on sale--with an additional student discount--coming in at $399/$432 with tax; has the 10th gen & i3 8gb ram. What do you think of it? Otherwise pretty much set on getting the 715. Thanks.

I like it. I have a HP x360 11" Chromebook, and it's been good to me. If you really want a 2 in 1 over a standard laptop style, that's a pretty good deal IMO.

Back