Need help benchmarking Asus TUF Gaming X570 plus wifi

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
I just built a new machine with Ryzen 3800X, Asus TUF Gaming X570, 32GB Trident Z Neo ram, EVGA 2060 KO Ultra and EVO 970 NVME drive. The machine just doesn't seem as fast as I think it should be. What can I do to benchmark to make sure everything is running as it should be?

I have not attempted any overclock yet.

I just ran CPU-Z too look at the DRAM Freq and it says 1064.5Mhz? This is 3600 RAM? Do I have something set wrong?

Thanks for any advice

Last edited:
Try https://www.userbenchmark.com/

But a benchmark isn't going to tell you what's wrong. What do you mean as fast as you think it should be? Low framerates? Mouse/keyboard input feels sluggish? What exactly?

I went into the bios and set the ram to 3600 and now it will not boot. Any ideas on how to get back into the bios now so I can change it?

I went into the bios and set the ram to 3600 and now it will not boot. Any ideas on how to get back into the bios now so I can change it?

Clear CMOS. If you don't know what that is, look in your motherboard's manual.

Installation of various software seems low to me.

Am I wrong that CPUZ or HWINFO should show the memory speed at 3600Mhz?
It shows
Dram Feq 1064.5Mhz
FSBdRAM 3:32
CL 15
RAS to CAs 15
Ras Precharge 15
cycle time 36
Bank cycle time 51
command rate 2T

You have to set the memory to that speed in bios. Set it using XMP. If you just change the frequency without changing the timings or voltage it likely won't boot.

OK, found the DOCP and it now say RAM 3600mhz in the bios.
However, CPUz still says1799.6mhz. Am I wrong that this should say 3600?

Last edited:
You take that number * 2. Your memory is running like it should be now.

I see you found the answers but I was working on this to show you while you got it in any case I hope it helps albeit a bit late.
I know its a bit different in the TUF bios but should be pretty much the same.
DDR stands for double data rate or as much going in as out even though the frequency is set at 1800 that is doubled and effectively runs at 3600 or double its frequency.
rSO01r.png

Glad it helped
Sounds like you are new to all this but I don't want to assume.
I always recommend that you stress test 1st at stock speeds before proceeding to the benchmarks and or overclock. To be clear this would be using the DOCP setting.
Once you have done this it's time to benchmark CPU Memory and GPU. Take notes of temps and scores for each to understand your baseline.
This will help in determining whether overclocking is worth it or not. Generally, it is IMHO.
Although AMD CPUs don't have a lot of overhead potentials the same is not true with your GPU where overclocking may prove worth your while.
I recommend you give the articles from two of my trusted sources a read. I will link below give both a good read. They should prove very handy in your journey. GL

How to Stress-Test CPUs and PCs
How to Benchmark Your Windows PC: 5 Free Benchmarking Tools

Back