Need help - ATI to NVIDIA - bright to bright!!

einer2060

Limp Gawd
Old computer ATI 5850, new computer NVIDIA GTX 670 SLI.

On the ATI the image was "normal".
On the Nvidia now all bright spots, sun light, bright floor is so over bright, like to high brightness, but only the bright spots. Also if you walk toward spots where the sun shines trough a window its totally over bright, like the sun has 1000% power instead of its 100%.
Tested in Counter Strike Global Offensive.

Also some reflekting effects seem plastic or chrome metallic. It's horrible.

Please some advice, i tried some nvidia control panel driver options, but there are most just AA and AF options. I also disabled Physix (put them on CPU).

What are the nvidia control panel settings for brightness/gamma set at? Go in and restore defaults and see if that helps

It is after a format windows 7 install.

Other colors are OK, so it can't be basic brightness or gamma, the problem is only with sunlight, or bright spots, maybe where sun shines on them.

After some research i think it is BLOOM (light aura that appears around light sources), but i don't find anything about disabling bloom.

An example i find online (this are all pixtures i find on the internet), it's not the same (except the first picture) but in the right direction, the problem seems to really be bloom:

alan_bloom.jpeg

410x600px-LL-074d4aeb_09b87c51a4bd0e5b93c97bd.png

BTT_HDR.jpg

sniperelitev2review2.jpg

bloomSoyuz.jpg

Will try it when i come home, but i don't think it will make a difference.

I tried many options, and you can reduce it, at the same time you loose picture detail.
But HDR and BLOOM stays, only less strong. It's an shining aura around lighted objects.

Tried, no this is not SLI. It's bloom and hdr.

In Crysis 2 it is horrible in some situations some bright colors are so over bright its killing the game feeling. In Crysis 2 it could be the HDR.

Back