Need Help, Asus Hero VII Network issue

qtqc1

n00b
Hello everyone. I am having an issue I cant resolve. I have an Asus Hero VII which updated the intel lan driver. Now it says there are no connections available in the network area. It wont connect to the internet. When I manually try to install the driver from the asus website, it says no Intel Adapters are present in this computer. Before the update the network worked fine. Please someone help

Hello, I dont even see it under the network hardware in device manager. When I try and load a previous driver, it says it cant find an Intel adapter

Theres nothing listed under Network adapters in device manager?
Are there any items under "Other devices" that might be the nic that are disabled or have a yellow !

If you need to backtrack the problem where it originates makes sure you don't install the Asus suite which auto installs stuff. Also double check the bios that the device is still there.

If you can't find the problem find a spare HD or other bootable partition and reinstall windows to check if it goes wrong there.

Hello, here is what I see in the device manager. I verified the LAN is enabled in the bios. Also, not sure what those WAN adapters are. When I try and remove them they re-appear again.

ghgf
upload_2018-6-11_7-52-54.png

Is it enabled in the BIOS? You might try disabling it in the BIOS rebooting and then enabling it. If it shows up use the Windows update to add the driver. Might even go bone stock and clear CMOS to get it enabled.

Last edited:
Well this is very weird. I decided to install a fresh copy of windows 10. Same issue. I thought the main board ethernet had an issue. I bought a PCIE ethernet card, that wont show up either.

Wipe it clean and do a fresh install. Sometimes flipping the BIOS option for disabled and enabled and rebooting will trigger it on. May have to RMA if not.

The PCIe card doesn't even show up in device mangler? Try a 8X slot too? And you did a fresh install and check the BIOS, set defaults? I've heard that BCLK overclocks can mess with PCIe devices which the onboard is.

Last edited:
another thing to try is reflashing or updating the bios on the board and see if that fixes the problem. i know some of the x370 boards had intel lan issues with the initial zen+ bios, but i haven't really followed the 470x boards and whether or not they suffered the same issues but worth trying.

Back