Need help / advice with Asus p6x58d mobo system

Tiburn

n00b
I have old system and want to utilize it for another year or so before upgrading.

Asus p6x58d premium, i7 950.
OCZ 6gb (3 x 2gb) DDR3 1600
EVGA gtx 570
Win 7 64bit

A short time ago, I stopped getting images on my monitor. The computer would start, video card fan would engage, but no picture. Due to time restraint, took the computer to a local pc place and was told the mobo was bad. Found a refurbished p6x58d and installed it, but same problem. Got my hands on a different video card from a friend (vt 7790) and I now get an image on my screen. I downloaded the latest drivers for the card, but I am not able to get any games to work.

Even with the 6gb memory and older 1gb video card, the games I use run good. I mainly use guild wars 2 and flight simulators.

Can anyone tell me what might be causing the following issue(s)?

1. When I try to load GW2, I get an error saying "Unable to initialize 3d output" "Verify you have Directx9 and an updated video driver"

2. When I try to load FS9, I get an error stating "The driver currently installed for your video card may cause your computer to stop responding when FS is running. AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series.0 Your computer cannot currently use 3-d hardware acceleration. Then it crashed to desktop.

The only 2 changes I made were to replace the mobo, and install a different video card and driver.

I'm just at a loss now and not as computer savvy as I was 6 years ago when I built this machine.

Thanks again for any thoughts on this.

Robert

Back