Need HDMI auto switching recommendations

Q-BZ

Fully [H]
This will not be an exciting high end home theater thread but I need some help. :)

I'm trying to get a setup going for my mother so this needs to be real nice and easy.

Reliable auto switching needs to happen.

http://www.lg.com/us/tvs/lg-32LJ550B-led-tv

This is the TV I'm working with. Here are the potential items I want to see if I can address.

1.) It has two HDMI inputs on it and she has three devices. Half a chance a fourth device would show up at some point.

We can play HDMI cable swap for a while and it's no big deal but I wouldn't mind cleaning this up and making it a little nicer for her. A refinement bonus.

2.) The TV's audio is tinny. Even she's noticed it. That's what you get at this size on any flat panel.

Basically I want to add/expand the TVs video and audio inputs and outputs without practically buying a second TV in terms of cost. ;)

A few of these switches even have 3.5mm on them. That would be a great bonus.

If I have to go the AVR/Home theater receiver route I'll do it.

Thanks. :)

Last edited:
Hdmi switch and a sound bar using digital out from TV. This is probably gonna be the cheapest option. Just not sure if these HDMI switches send audio signal as well.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Hdmi switch and a sound bar using digital out from TV. This is probably gonna be the cheapest option. Just not sure if these HDMI switches send audio signal as well.

Definitely a potential concept on the boards.

Back