Need hardware? Stay away from Amazon!

I'm railing on Amazon for several reasons:

1.) I ordered a Corsair Obsidian 650D on April 18th,
2.) The original shipping window was May 5th - 25th,
3.) It still hasn't shipped,
4.) The product webpage says they're in stock, :mad:
5.) In that timespan, I've only pestered them once about it,
6.) The new shipping estimate is June 9th - 27th.

How pathetic.

so you signed up here to bitch and moan?

Let me guess no one on facebook wanted to hear it either?

so you signed up here to bitch and moan?

Let me guess no one on facebook wanted to hear it either?

Lol Pwned. Still sorry to hear about your whole case no case situation, But this isn't amazons fault, Fault lies with the individual that you are buying the case from .

Haha Amazon is considered the top dog Among online retailers, good luck on your smear campaign But be warned it ain't going to work here :rolleyes:

Yeah... I've never had problems with Amazon shipping. I have free Amazon Prime (1 year as student) so I get free two-day shipping on everything. Sometimes its actually overnight shipping and I get it in one day.

Heh, if I had to wait more than a week, I would have canceled my order and purchased from NewEgg who is usually very quick and reliable about their shipping.

@OP - The only 650D case I found on Amazon ships from a third party (GizmosForLife) so your hate should be with them not Amazon.

I've ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon. I still haven't figured out the whole third-party seller jazz, but on one occasion, I had to wait a month and a half to receive something that was in-stock. It was a long time ago now, but it left a mark for a long time; I'm still wary of it whenever I buy something from Amazon. Except now, it's more like, you know what, everyone makes mistakes - there can't be a perfect online retailer. I'm sure even Newegg biffs up occasionally. No big deal. You got some bad luck. Move on.

I stick to newegg, buy.com, etc. Amazon is good but only when it's new and when you use regular shipping, no promotions, IMHO.

i used amazon for my most recent build and everything arrived fine! i had an issue with a motherboard and the rma process was completely painless.

Never had an issue with amazon too. As someone else stated, could be very well that it was from 3rd party. Always make sure it is shipping from amazon when buying from them. Lol tokey!

Only had an issue once, that was due to ordering the day before release, I wasn't first on the list so the delivery date was a month off, I haven't had a problem since, and I generally stick to Amazon themselves or a partner offering free shipping, otherwise you may as well order from newegg.

I have the Amazon Prime Student and almost refuse to shop elsewhere if what I need is prime eligible. I've ordered parts at 4:50 pm, just 10 minutes before next day shipping windows and had the part on my doorstep at 9am the next morning. That is amazing!

Before prime I did feel the same way the OP did, but towards the lazy sellers I bought from. Don't post items on your Amazon store if you don't have them in stock. I don't feel like waiting almost a month for you to actually order the part yourself, get it shipped to you, then take your sweet time shipping it to me at the cheapest and slowest shipping method available.

TLDR; Prime: Hell Yes! , 3rd party: not so much

@OP - The only 650D case I found on Amazon ships from a third party (GizmosForLife) so your hate should be with them not Amazon.

QFT.
Don't buy stuff listed on Amazon that isn't sold directly by Amazon. Go straight to the source or get it from someplace else.

They have some sweet deals on cables from what I can tell, and yeah I love Amazon too :)

I'm sorry that your case still hasn't shown up. If it is really bothering you that much you can cancel your order and go order from somewhere else.

I've never had a problem with Amazon not shipping something right away that was in stock when I bought it. I ordered a new battery-powered lawn mower from them earlier this month. 87 lb shipping weight and I went ahead and added the $4 overnight. It was waiting on my porch when I got home from work from the next day.

If it isn't fulfilled by Amazon, and the seller doesn't have 100% positive feedback, I steer clear. Shipping usually kills marketplace prices anyway.

I order more hardware from Amazon than Newegg these days. Prime spoils me.

One of my friends ordered 2 X5650s from Newegg and got 1 + 1 Core 2 Duo. :eek:

my heart sank in my chest a little when i read this. I know that feeling that when you open the box thinking "oh yeah oh yeah oh yeah" and then you look in the box and you see that shit. you think "oh god. what has happened." and you get a sour feeling in your stomach and it feels horrible. (would make a good rage comic)

@op i've had similar experiences with amazon but only around xmas time. example: xmas 2009, ordered lots of stuff, was supposed to show up the week before xmas. half of it didn't and our xmas quickly began to feel like hanukkah. shit showed it the day after, and the day after, and the day after. truly, for about 6 days. shirts, ski masks, cds, books, my wife's replacement wedding ring, snow pants i needed for xmas eve.

part of that is knowing that you're buying from amazon and not through amazon

Had a similar experience with a 3rd-party Amazon retailer. Took a few weeks for my items to show up. Make sure that you're getting the item shipped directly from Amazon, or you'll be waiting longer than you had originally expected.

I still think NewEgg has the fastest shipping.

If it isn't fulfilled by Amazon, and the seller doesn't have 100% positive feedback, I steer clear. Shipping usually kills marketplace prices anyway.

I order more hardware from Amazon than Newegg these days. Prime spoils me.

did, i only order items that Amazon handles them selves.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Amazon. I order off Amazon about once every month or so and have never had a late package luckily. I use free super saver shipping when I can. And almost always, it shows up way before the estimated delivery date, often within just 48-72 hours of ordering, if not ordered near a holiday or over a weekend.

I love Amazon Prime but HATE UPS with a passion. Each and every item ordered from either Amazon or Newegg in the last three years that has been delivered by UPS has been either very late and/or had thrashed packaging at least two layers deep, so any thing with only a single layer of packaging has been partially crushed/squished/chipped or otherwise cosmetically compromised.

FedEx and even the post office can somehow manage to deliver without bashing my orders. (Though it would be nice if the various postmen where I live would kindly deliver my bills in a time frame sooner than 1-3 months after they come due.)

I love Amazon Prime but HATE UPS with a passion. Each and every item ordered from either Amazon or Newegg in the last three years that has been delivered by UPS has been either very late and/or had thrashed packaging at least two layers deep, so any thing with only a single layer of packaging has been partially crushed/squished/chipped or otherwise cosmetically compromised.

FedEx and even the post office can somehow manage to deliver without bashing my orders. (Though it would be nice if the various postmen where I live would kindly deliver my bills in a time frame sooner than 1-3 months after they come due.)

Do you live out in the boondocks?

I've had a good third party experience through amazon, though - its prettymuch like ebay in the sense of you aren't really dealing with Amazon..they are just overseeing the sale ><

Luckily I've only had good experiences with Amazon, even with third party sellers.

And I'm surprised this thread is still going, considering the 1st rule of this forum:
"Do NOT air grievances regarding online retailers in here."

Do you live out in the boondocks?

No, the last two cities I have lived in have had populations of about 100K and 75K respectively though that 75 swells considerably in the winter. I just have "issues" getting mail and have had ever since a single 10¢ stamp fell off a care package (and the camp refused to pay the difference) my parents sent to me when I was a kid at summer camp. Mail with a tracking number mysteriously gets to me in a timely manner but everything else, if sent to my home address, is severely delayed or just never makes it.

Yeah... I've never had problems with Amazon shipping. I have free Amazon Prime (1 year as student) so I get free two-day shipping on everything. Sometimes its actually overnight shipping and I get it in one day.

how did you get free prime as a student?

I buy from Amazon all the time and agree that I would only buy from Amazon directly.

I have had problems with their packaging on DVD's, CD's, and Blu-rays. Certain warehouses are horrible at packaging. I have sent back an item to receive one that was in worse condition than the prevoius. They are very good at dealing with returns, but as with any large company it is hard to get the root cause (poor packaging) addressed.

I still buy frequently because of the selection, prices, and prime shipping.

Luckily I live about 30 minutes from TigerDirect so if I don't feel like driving over there and paying tax (next state over) I usually have it shipped at the cheapest cost but it still gets to me the next morning :)

Overall great company, haven't had anything but good luck with them as well.

This thread should just be deleted. Odds are he just made his account on 20 or so forums and cut and pasted the same crap in each one. He will probably never be back.

I stick to newegg, buy.com, etc. Amazon is good but only when it's new and when you use regular shipping, no promotions, IMHO.

I agree, I usually only buy from Amazon when its actually coming from them and not a 3rd party.

Back