Need for speed undercover for PC

AY786

Limp Gawd
I have this game for my new laptop and i have a few questions id like to raise if anyone can answer them:

1. Will there ever be a patch released for this game as i know there are many technical issues that need addressing to?

and

2. i have an acer aspire 8920g laptop which is a great machine i must admit and im running the game on this. After an hour of playing, the game starts to lag alot and practically impossible to play. Is this my laptop or the game? I don't have any other pc games that i can test the laptop with so im not sure. I know the game has issues but its not too bad at the beginning of playing, its just after a while it gets worse.

For the second, it's possible that the CPU or GPU is beginning to downclock because of thermal stress.

It's unlikely that a patch will come out since EA closed the Black Box studio in Vancouver that developed the game. That being said, this is probably the last Need For Speed game for some time, if not forever.

Try elevating the laptop and/or directing a portable fan toward it to see if it is heat soak that is causing the issues.

there are a lot of people (myself included) that have noticed that prolonged playing leads to degraded performance. it sounds like it could be a memory leak. additionally, yes, black box is closed...but the EA CEO has done something interesting with the NFS team. They have split the development team from one giant team into two smaller ones. Each team is going to release an NFS game every other year, on alternating release cycles. We'll still get one every year, but the two teams will be competing with eachother for sales volume, and will have a product cycle twice as long as they are used to. This will either lead to one of these very obvious outcomes:

1) We're going to have future NFS releases that will not be a continual progression of the story lines of the current game. (Think team #1 doing Most Wanted type NFS, and the other doing Porsche Unleashed style NFS, and having to wait two years for a storyline continuation from the previous release from that team)

2) Competition is good for the consumer

3) Competition turns out to be bad, and the NFS world's story becomes so segmented that there's no longer continuity, even among titles by the same team

4) EA continues to beat the dead horse, and although we would now have two teams working on two derivatives of NFS IP, they both go down the tubes.

So far NFS: Porsche Unleashed was the best (most fun) racing game I've played. It's the only one I reloaded on a new sys to play again. How are the new incarnations?

i hope they do release a patch even though they have closed the studio simply because there is alot of issues that need to be sorted.

Its ea, its pretty unlikely. And wtf, no demo....I can only empathize with all those who bought the game first before trying.

I have this game for my new laptop and i have a few questions id like to raise if anyone can answer them:

1. Will there ever be a patch released for this game as i know there are many technical issues that need addressing to?

Yes, but it won't be released for another year and it will cost roughly $50

So far NFS: Porsche Unleashed was the best (most fun) racing game I've played. It's the only one I reloaded on a new sys to play again. How are the new incarnations?

Crappy. I suggest GRID or DIRT instead.

I can't get into GRiD or DiRT. I mean, I know NFS has it's flaws...like lack of damage and ping-ponging off of walls, generally regarded as an arcade racer...but I have NEVER understood what Codemasters did to the steering in those two games. It's like full time drift racing (which is to be somewhat more expected for DiRT than GRiD). THey are bother beautiful to look at, and impossible to play, IMO. I don't want to drive a 500HP hovercraft...it's a racing game, for fuck's sake.

I can't get into GRiD or DiRT. I mean, I know NFS has it's flaws...like lack of damage and ping-ponging off of walls, generally regarded as an arcade racer...but I have NEVER understood what Codemasters did to the steering in those two games. It's like full time drift racing (which is to be somewhat more expected for DiRT than GRiD). THey are bother beautiful to look at, and impossible to play, IMO. I don't want to drive a 500HP hovercraft...it's a racing game, for fuck's sake.

Weird, completely different experience for me with GRID. Granted I did have to tweak the sensitivity and deadzones, and I am using a wheel and pedals. :confused:

Back