Need for Speed Shift Demo up

Downloading now... Official Link hasn't been discovered yet, cuz its maxing out my connection at 1.2MB/sec

Sonuva... I just ordered it too, would have tried the demo first :p. Oh well, $23 after $2 bing cashback instantly isn't bad :D. Downloading through EA Download Manager now.

Last edited:
67% done, stop stealing all the bandwidth you hogs. :p

BTW This came from another thread in the PC Gaming section on the Demo:

The demo is currently due for release sometime before the end of September or the beginning of October, according to what an EA rep told Big Download today. The rep also told us the demo will have two tracks (London River and Spa Francrorchamps) and four cars (Viper, Lotus, BMW M3 and Nissan R35). If you happen to collect all ten of the game's driver badges you will gain access to a fifth car, the Zonda, to drive in the demo.

if ya ever played Forza.. then you will probably like this game.. just wish the steering wasnt so stiff.. but overall i like it and am glad NFS got away from racing in the streets with useless street cars and dumb mods that dont actually help performance..

I've got the game, and have to say that it is very fun. The production value is top notch as well. I actually didn't want to stop playing just now, which is more than I can say about the last few NFS games.

Must say,Ive never been a fan of cockpit view but this game does something to make me love it..Cant quite put my finger on it.I usually prefer the chase view which I tried in this game and I just didnt like it..

1920x1080..All maxed 4xAA Vsync rock solid @ 60fps Sig Rig..However,there is an annoying occasional drop in frames to ~ 45fps..Ive read this should be fixed with a new SLI profile..Pretty solid game imho but still a step below GRID..Will prolly pick this one up.

Bought this yesterday and still haven't had a chance to give it a go but honestly I picked it up because it looked so much like GRID which I loved. Also didn't hurt that they couldn't really do worse than NFS: Undercover amirite?

No freezing here. Won the first race in London in the Lotus.
Initial impression is good. It reminds me of Grid-which I like.
A lot of other people have said they didn't like Grid but like Shift.
I will probabley get this when there is a sale.

I can't even install it....

It unpacks and then when I go to insitall says physx runtime wasn't installed successfully (it never even tries to install such a thing and I have physx already installed).

I am trying to play the demo with my G25 but with the controller plugged in something is constantly making it scroll up in the menus... up arrow or whatever.. ideas?

Downloading now, Thanks!

They must of known Undercover was a POS, they don't even have a demo for it, yet there is one for ProStreet!!

Game is good so far, has a very pro feel to it like GRID/GT but I'm getting some stuttering framerates on my laptop @ 1920x1080 w/ 2x AA and all textures maxed but we'll see how it handles on the Quad-SLI beast a little later.

1680x1050
4x AA & 16x Anisotropic
Everything on high

Q9450 @ 3.7Ghz
GTX 260

FPS consistently between 40-70

Here's a few screenshots from the demo.

33373712.jpg

94330851.jpg

53891237.jpg

73833588.jpg

In comparison to GRID, I think Shift definitely wins, both visually and in terms of accurate handling (both games with all assists off). GRID always had a horrible post processing effect, which caused it to look muddy, and with it turned off, the game looked quite plain (except the night races in the city). NFS Shift looks great, and the first thing I noticed was the fresnel effect on the cars, which definitely helps achieve a more realistic appearance. The damage system falls a little short though, and GRID wins in that department.

In comparison to GRID, I think Shift definitely wins, both visually and in terms of accurate handling (both games with all assists off). GRID always had a horrible post processing effect, which caused it to look muddy, and with it turned off, the game looked quite plain (except the night races in the city). NFS Shift looks great, and the first thing I noticed was the fresnel effect on the cars, which definitely helps achieve a more realistic appearance. The damage system falls a little short though, and GRID wins in that department.

QFT 100% agreed.

It's a good game, based on this demo at least.

I been playing the game on xbox 360 for past 2 days, it is pretty fun.

I can't even install it....

It unpacks and then when I go to insitall says physx runtime wasn't installed successfully (it never even tries to install such a thing and I have physx already installed).

same issue I am having... any fix?

I can't play it either. Windows 7 final version. Just goes to a black screen and does nothing.

Demo is annoying as hell. Besides losing my control setup every time I start it, it doesnt let you exit a match without playing a 2-minute-long 'buy our game' video. And you cant setup your controls during a match, making you watch the video or (more likely) end-task the program and start it again just to skip the goddamn video.

Demo is annoying as hell. Besides losing my control setup every time I start it, it doesnt let you exit a match without playing a 2-minute-long 'buy our game' video. And you cant setup your controls during a match, making you watch the video or (more likely) end-task the program and start it again just to skip the goddamn video.

Yes, this is really annoying, at first I thought my controller was messed up.

Yeah, that is really, really, annoying. I don't mind developers putting those videos when you exit demos, but yeesh after every bloody race.

Open the folder:
"C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\Need for Speed SHIFT Demo\Movies"

Delete the following files:
Attract.bik
DemoSell.bik
Franchise_Ident.bik

No more annoying videos :D

Tried playing the demo, it worked fine, just can't get into it. I can't seem to stand sims, even arcadey sims. Back to Burnout Paradise and NFS:MW Black. lol

Tried playing the demo, it worked fine, just can't get into it. I can't seem to stand sims, even arcadey sims. Back to Burnout Paradise and NFS:MW Black. lol

Turn on the assists and bam its an arcade racer.

Back