Need for Speed: Most Wanted

My video card doesn't even get hot while running this game on max....

of course not there is a 60 fps cap. Why do these game devs keep doing shit like this. I get it the consoles cant maintain 10 fps but quit capping the pc version you fucking morons.

The Need for speed series has certainly gone downhill overall from what I have read about them. I loved the 1998 version of Hot Pursuit, and High Stakes. It would be nice to have games like them again but with updated graphics. I have played Burnout Paradise, and it was ok. It appears that the recent games are going in the direction of that from what I have read.

I'am not much a Sim Racer, i like arcade racer. This game is a copy of Paradise City without the slowdown crash since they have licence car, they can't crash them.

The only downside i have right now.

Games run at 60fps, than suddently for no reason drop under 30FPS, whatever this is a driver problem or game problems, it's not acceptable. I locked the game to 30 FPS with the cfg so i least now it's playable..

The exterior view control is very laggy (with the controller), inside is ok. Would have prefered having a hood cam tought because inside (bumper) is very low sometime.

Lack of AA option, tought FXAA forced in drivers works..

Seriously? I thought Hot Pursuit was pretty damn good compared to the other recent NfS games.

It was nothing compared to High Stakes or Porsche Unleashed, but the latter is a whole different game type.

It was too easy to get frustrated with the lobby system/matchmaking.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Underground though :D

Still haven't played this one, but usually every 3rd NFS game ends up being good. I figured this might be an exception since Criterion was involved.

The last Need for Speed that I bought was the first Underground. I did not get excited over it, and did not stay with it long.

I wish that Burnout Paradise had an option to restart a race (after losing one) instead of having to drive all the way back.

I set my geometry level to low and it seems to have fixed the low fps problem..

It seems everyone is having issues with this game whether they have a low-end card or high-end. On a thread on another forum, a user tested all the settings and found these to impact the FPS the most. They suggested turning Shadows to None, Ambient Occlusion Off, Reflection to Low and Geometry to Low. It's really a shame this game is so poorly optimized because it looks gorgeous with the graphics turned up!

Don't but this crapware. Even by EA standards this is bad. I have immense stuttering on a 690 quad sli and even when I try single GPU (the default setting in NVCP). No mouse support? Ae they serious? No SLI support? In 2012? Absolute and complete waste of money.

If you have to turn all of that off for the game to be playable (FPS spikes are a no-no in racing games) - I'd say it's pretty much broken. Looks like I'll wait for a patch + a sale.

You just need to turn geometry to low. Not all that bullshit.
Doing that or for that matter changing any option doesn't do squat for my fps still taking major nosedives. What a piece of crap. I wanna smack someone on the head for this.

It feels like the game has vsync enabled, without the ability to disable it - nothing earth-shattering though.

Yeah I don't really know why people are complaining so much. The gameplay is pretty stellar (provided you enjoyed Paradise) and if you're getting the framerate drops, setting Geometry to Low seems to fix it without affecting IQ too much. All in all, this sort of game is geared for Multiplayer as I said before, so if you don't have any friends to race with then it will appear a bit shallow, but if you do, then Autolog will be giving you tons of stuff to do.

Does the Nvidia control panel force vsync off option work? I'm one of those people who pretty much can't live without vsync so I dunno if that works or not.

Having a broken NFS upon release isn't unusual, though. The first Shift game was a performance dog for a while before they started patching it. Carbon, too.

To me, the hallmarks of the series were High Stakes, Hot Pursuit (all 3 of 'em), Underground, and the first Most Wanted. I know some people loved Porsche, but I hated story mode for that one. Racing with those 1920's cars doing 30-40 mph was torture. Plus, ironically, it also shipped with major performance issues as well. Patches fixed it, but it was slow going for a while.

So now that the game's been out a little bit and people have stopped their normal initial "RAAAAGE!!!!" period... is it worth buying? It's on Origin right now for $25 as a download... I loved Hot Pursuit 2010, played WAY too much of the original Most Wanted (2005), etc. I enjoy most types of racer, and found Burnout Paradise pretty fun. My favorite thing in MW-2005 was just running from cops as long as possible with self-set requirements :p... so how are the chases?

Where are things at with this game now? Patches? Support? Etc.?

I bought it for the Cyber Monday 1/2 off sale and I can only play it in offline mode thanks to some kind of hiccup with my Origin account. I guess it's common enough for people that have ported old, old EA accounts over to Origin.

In terms of the game, performance is weird. Sometimes it's as smooth as glass, other times it's a choppy mess. It mainly seems to relate to making turns in the overworld. Races have been pretty smooth since your route is locked down.
Turning geometry to medium helps a lot. Controls take getting used to. It almost feels like the driving in Grand Theft Auto 4 - not NFS or Burnout.

I'd probably pass on it to be honest. I don't think there have been any patches at all. If there were, they weren't performance related.

I got the idea that Burnout fans weren't fully satisfied and NFS fans weren't fully satisfied. The game needed to pick either one concept or the other and go 100 percent with that concept.

Does that sound about right?

I for one love the game. It runs great on my GTX 680 with maxed out settings. The only downside is that the NV profiler seems to have no effect on the graphics for example I can't turn on AA...

·PitBuLL·;1039400818 said:
I for one love the game. It runs great on my GTX 680 with maxed out settings. The only downside is that the NV profiler seems to have no effect on the graphics for example I can't turn on AA...

How using Nvidia Inspector?

Hope EA supports this game at least as much as they supported Medal of Honor Warfighter.

Back