Need for Speed Most Wanted Free On Origin

It is the 2012 re-make. Not as good as the original...but hey, free is free.

I've managed to avoid installing origin on my machines so far, but these freebies keep tempting me. Worth?

I've managed to avoid installing origin on my machines so far, but these freebies keep tempting me. Worth?

Never had an issue with it myself. Penny time I even see it is after Windows login if there its a patch

Is this the one like Burnout Paradise? I don't like many racers but Burnout Paradise was pretty awesome.

Anyone else having an issue with it telling you every single ID name you choose is already taken? I've tried three very unique names and all say "ID has already been registered". wtheck?

I'm not sure why you even need an account to download something that is free... I guess I can acquire something that is free through other means. Things like this is why people choose to go through other much easier routes...

LOL.....I was ooo....totally forgetting that I bought it on a sale through origin back in 2014.

Got my hopes up with that screen from NFSMW 2005, as it's the 2012 MW that's free. Foiled by another [C]lickbait.

They are different games. The 2005 version was awesome but I liked the 2012 version better. Obviously YMMV but free is free and it works well on triple screen set ups (Eyefinity - NV Surround).

It should also be noted that I played the 2005 version on the console - 2012 on the PC

Last edited:
I loved the 2005 edition. I think I'll dl this tonight when I get home!

I installed it this morning and tried it for a bit and it is ok but not a fan of arcade physics, even NFS Shift has more realistic physics than this game.

I got Burnout Paradise in a humble deal long time ago and have even tried it, installed it and then it asked me to register an account to play so closed it in disgust.

I installed it this morning and tried it for a bit and it is ok but not a fan of arcade physics, even NFS Shift has more realistic physics than this game.

I got Burnout Paradise in a humble deal long time ago and have even tried it, installed it and then it asked me to register an account to play so closed it in disgust.

You don't have to register an account to play Burnout Paradise - just decline and it will load the game normally. Trust me, I played it years ago on Steam.

It will annoy you to log in every fucking time you load the game, but will will work without one.

Shift was made to be more of a simulator, so how is that surprising?

That said, I didn't really enjoy this game all that much. It just felt "meh" all around, there really wasn't any customization like in the first Most Wanted.

What's the difference?

Haha of course. I meant is it the same game, just newer graphics, or is a completely different game?

The 2012 NFS:MW was done by Criterion, of Burnout fame. It's like a hybrid of Burnout Paradise and the original NFS:MW (different city/cars/etc.). If you've played both, you'll be right at home. If you've only played one or the other, some adjustment is required. They're both good games in their own right, and those who have played both often have strong opinions on which is better.

It should also be noted that I played the 2005 version on the console - 2012 on the PC

The PC version was a poor port. The biggest flaws were in controller support and aspect ratio. It had no support for aspects other than 4:3 or 5:4, and no support for resolutions above 1280x1024. Modding the game to support higher resolutions and 16:9 caused the HUD to stretch but was tolerable. Also, the game supported DirectInput with no deadzone. Using a Logitech controller was fine, but if you used an X360/XBO controller, steering became a mess.

Run into a lot of "[C]lickbait" in the 30 days since you've been here have you? :rolleyes:

Steve, I've been a fan for 15 years or so. I registered last month to get some input on a monitor purchase as I typically just went with budget TNs and finally wanted to escape the ignorance that "these were OK gaming monitors." I'm happy with the feedback that I got from [H].

That said, yes, you have had some clickbait-like headlines over the past few months, but I've taken them as tongue in cheek (which was also as my comment was intended).

The PC version was a poor port. The biggest flaws were in controller support and aspect ratio. It had no support for aspects other than 4:3 or 5:4, and no support for resolutions above 1280x1024. Modding the game to support higher resolutions and 16:9 caused the HUD to stretch but was tolerable. Also, the game supported DirectInput with no deadzone. Using a Logitech controller was fine, but if you used an X360/XBO controller, steering became a mess.

My bad, didn't realize that you couldn't edit in this subforum. I was referring to the 2005 release. The Xbox 360 version was the definitive version, IMO. I played it on PS2, X360, and PC.

Oh, this is the crap made by criterion. OMG, not touchiing that even for free. I somehow wish that there was a thumbs down button in Origin, that tells EA, to get this shit and shove it.

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to go to the download for the game itself. I don't want any kind of crapware client to download a free game.
The title didn't suggest anything other than it is free on Origin right now, not that it's free on Buck's Truck.

Can anyone tell me how big this game is?..... Before I make an account, and get Origin only to say "Holy shit Batman!". I seen 20 gig of free space as a requirement on some other site but would like to confirm that. Slow internet here is all.

The title didn't suggest anything other than it is free on Origin right now, not that it's free on Buck's Truck.

huh? A direct link to the game on EA or Origin's host. I don't know how much more plain English I can type it in. A download link after you sign up. If I have to download a crapware client to get a free game, I guess I will go elsewhere. Which will have a direct link. I would rather get it from the source. :cool:

Someone mentioned you may only be able to get it if you install a client, which I won't do. Steam-ing pile is already too much just to play a simple off-line game. I'll get it elsewhere. Thank you. :)

Thanks, but that doesn't seem to go to the download for the game itself. I don't want any kind of crapware client to download a free game.

huh? A direct link to the game on EA or Origin's host. I don't know how much more plain English I can type it in. A download link after you sign up. If I have to download a crapware client to get a free game, I guess I will go elsewhere. Which will have a direct link. I would rather get it from the source. :cool:

Someone mentioned you may only be able to get it if you install a client, which I won't do. Steam-ing pile is already too much just to play a simple off-line game. I'll get it elsewhere. Thank you. :)

Man get over yourself already, holy shit.
Do you normally whine about stuff this much?

I've played pretty much all the NFS games going back to the 1990's. NFS Most Wanted (Blacklist) 2005 (the game in the picture) was by far my favorite. None of the more recent titles had police confrontations featured to the same degree as the 2005 game.

I wish they would modernize the graphics so I could keep playing it...

Man get over yourself already, holy shit.
Do you normally whine about stuff this much?

Wow, really? Someone can't ask for a way to get a free game without installing a client? You have issues. Hopefully you don't have kids. I just don't want to have to install a client from every game maker and 3rd party vendor in existence. Do you want that? Apparently so. Have fun.

It's definitely not as polished or have the features of Steam, and I have had a few issues, but hey, free games are free games. I grab them , but don't actually install them until I actually want to play them. They've actually given away some good games.

Wow, really? Someone can't ask for a way to get a free game without installing a client? You have issues. Hopefully you don't have kids. I just don't want to have to install a client from every game maker and 3rd party vendor in existence. Do you want that? Apparently so. Have fun.

The price is $0, but that doesn't make the game DRM-free. It's originally a $20 game - EA just discounted it by that to make it free through their On The House promotion - which is an Origin deal.

I was hoping they had added the 2005 version and were offering it free as a promo. I didn't have the 2012 version so I might as well add it, but, yeah. I have the Blacklist version of NFSMW and it was one of my favorite games I've played, favorite NFS for sure.

Ah so you're the kind of guy that will bite the giving hand.

Back