need DD-WRT help on wrt54G v5.0

nobody_here

[H]F Junkie
I have read and read the wiki and tutorials and all the version specific info. I have done everything it says to do to a "T".

When I log into the router, after doing a 30/30/30 hard reset and waiting, go to Administration and then to firmware upgrade, choose the vxworks_prep_v03.bin file and hit apply, it says "Upgrade are failed" almost immediately.....

I have been searching and searching and cannot find where I am going wrong here...any ideas?

I have not ran into that particular issue. have you posted on the dd-wrt forums? some of their wiki pages are out of date so you could be following the pages correctly, but a step is wrong or being left out.

silly question, does the router already have dd-wrt on it? if so you just do a straight flash with the new firmware.

Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I have not ran into that particular issue. have you posted on the dd-wrt forums? some of their wiki pages are out of date so you could be following the pages correctly, but a step is wrong or being left out.

silly question, does the router already have dd-wrt on it? if so you just do a straight flash with the new firmware.

Posted via [H] Mobile Device

no, it has the default linksys web ui, i assume dd-wrt would look much different from the normal blue Linksys branded gui, it is running firmware 8.00

i guess i will have to post on the forums there, was trying to avoid signing up for yet another forum membership i may not need again ;)

yes i did, same thing, it never gets to management console unless i do a hard 30/30/30 reset, if i try to load the prepv03 file from the GUI, wait five full minutes, reboot...when i log back into the 192.168.1.1 address it goes directly into the default Linksys GUI again....as if nothing happens

i started a thread on the dd-wrt forums and there appears to be no answer to the problem

turns out i had a rev 8 router in a rev 5 case....LOL

talk about confusing...works fine now :)

Back