need controller recc for GS7 edge that has a phone holder + is good for samsung gear VR

Dan

Supreme [H]ardness
title says it all really. Bought a galaxy S7 Edge and picking up a gear VR soon. Ive been playing a lot of emulated FFVII (i actually have a physical copy if it breaks any rules). I want to be able to use a controller for both normal android games, emulators and when i start using the gear vr. anyone have any positive experience with specific controllers?

The good ones tend to run $30+. You can go cheaper, but you'll run into problems with needing buttons that don't exist, fewer/no analog controls (thumbsticks and triggers seem to be used in a lot of games) and overall chincy construction.

I bought This for my GearVR use. High quality and I've yet to find a game that doesn't work with it. It also has the same layout of the "official" Samsung controller, so keybinding diagrams in games always match up perfectly with the controller.

I use this and it works quite well. That being said I bought this before the XB1S announcement and if I knew there would be a new XB1 controller with bluetooth I totally would have waited and bought that instead.

Ps4 will pair with your phone no problems.

This is absolutely false. The PS4 controller does not pair with the S7 or S7 Edge. Not sure if it's a Samsung thing or an Android thing but either way the PS4 controller no longer works with these new phones.

EDIT: I should rephrase, the controller does sometimes pair as a "bluetooth device" but it is not seen as an input device and therefore will not work.

Last edited:
This is absolutely false. The PS4 controller does not pair with the S7 or S7 Edge. Not sure if it's a Samsung thing or an Android thing but either way the PS4 controller no longer works with these new phones.

EDIT: I should rephrase, the controller does sometimes pair as a "bluetooth device" but it is not seen as an input device and therefore will not work.
Oh okay. Must be a Samsung thing. It pair on my g3 with 6.0 no problems. I stand corrected

I thought there was a program you had to buy for the PS4 or PS3 controller to work with Android in the Play store?

Back