need cheap option for windows 8.1

jblue42

Limp Gawd
Hello, where is the cheapest place to buy windows 8.1? I go to best buy/microcenter, and the discs are like $200?? And they are upgrade only, so I need a windows 7 key too? I do have a student email if there is a cheaper option for students.

I need the full version, for a new build, not an upgrade

Thanks [H]'ers

There was a guy selling them in the FS section on here. Legal copies, $32. Myself and a few others bought them and they all authorised fine.

Edit: Just tracked down the thread and he's sold them all now, sorry.

Last edited:
OP, Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro? I know your post said Windows 8.1 but some people want Pro and don't specifically say Pro.

I purchased windows 8.1 Pro through journeyED
unfortunately my school was not a part of onthehub deals

FS thread probably is the best place to get one or the school offering one too.

All indications seem to point towards Windows 8.1 Update 1 coming out in early April, and Windows XP's end of life date is April 8, which is quite the coincidence. I need to buy Win8 to upgrade the last WinXP PC in the family, and I am holding out to see what MS does, in case they do something like a $40 promo to encourage XP users to upgrade.

Keys were available here for really cheap ($32). I think the seller sold all he had.

You can get MSDN windows 7 or 8 keys for like 10 bucks on reddit's softwareswap.

I did not know about the onthehub page.

I am going to check once I get home to see if I can get another copy of 8, 8.1, and office 2013 for free with my .edu email.

Back