Need Build Help - New Mini Gaming/Performance PC

Hanif

Limp Gawd
I live in Ontario, Canada I can order from newegg or ncix.

1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
- Everything
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
- Taxes and shipping = $1200
3) Which country do you live in? If the U.S, please tell us the state and city if possible.
Toronto, ON Canada
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
- CPU, GPU, PSU, RAM, CASE, MONITOR - I PREFER RAZER, INTEL, NVIDIA AND also KOREAN MONITORS
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
6) Will you be overclocking?
Yes
7) What is the max resolution of your monitor? What size is it?
- I want at least a 27" monitor maybe one of those Korean ones
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
2 weeks
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video (as a backup or main GPU)? UEFI? etc.
- Dotn care
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If yes, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Yes Win8.1 64bit

What's the priority? Gaming? Video Editing? Virtual Machines?

Which retailer(s) do you prefer?

How high do you plan on overclocking the CPU? The GPU?

Where are you going to buy the monitor from?

What's the priority? Gaming? Video Editing? Virtual Machines?

Which retailer(s) do you prefer?

How high do you plan on overclocking the CPU? The GPU?

Where are you going to buy the monitor from?

Retailer: NCIX (local store), Canada Computers

I only plan to overclock a bit

Monitor will be purchased from eBay from one of those Korean ebayers. Might get a QNIX

Didn't answer the important question though.

What do you intend to do most with the computer. Are you primarily gaming on it? Primarily video editing? Gonna check facebook every 15 minutes on it all day long?

It's going to be my main computer

Gaming, website design, RDP/VPN access for work

Let's use the following as a baseline monitor:

$360 - QNIX QX2710 LED EvolutionⅡ27" 2560x1440 (Samsung PLS panel) monitor

If you pay any import charges, you're looking at a $400 monitor (if not more). You'll only have $800 (or less) to spend on the desktop, and you can't do "everything" well with that amount. Can you live without a 27 inch monitor or 2560x1440 resolution?

You never answered sticky question 5 or specified in sticky question 4 if you needed any storage (HDD, ODD, SSD). Well...?

Someone I know is selling this locally for $900
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/9yDzkL

Should I just get this?

Sure, but you better be prepared (and willing) to upgrade your video card should you grab one of those Korean monitors (or "upgrade" to a 4K monitor). The GTX 680's 2GB of memory may limit you on some games when using a resolution greater than 1920x1080.

Keep in mind: most of the parts in that PC are older.

They're better than a new AMD-based system for gaming. The OP won't find a better deal on a new OC-friendly Haswell or Devil's Canyon-based system with similar specs.

Back