Need Assistance with Installing Claws-Mail

Starguard

Limp Gawd
I Have an older computer that was running Microsoft Outlook 6 for email that unfortunately has been discontinued. I tried replacing it with Claws Mail, but I cant get it to work.

Need assistance please!

whats not working?

Might just be easier to find a less older version of Outlook to use? I think Outlook can import OE emails

Thunderbird?
I would wholeheartedly suggest TB but it sounds like a system that might not be able to run versions newer than 2 (or rather run them very well) as it gets more and more resource intensive. Claws is probably about as lightweight as they come. I would probably take this as an opportunity to get a Core2Duo age optiplex off of fleabay for like 50 bucks and run updated software.

I would wholeheartedly suggest TB but it sounds like a system that might not be able to run versions newer than 2 (or rather run them very well) as it gets more and more resource intensive. Claws is probably about as lightweight as they come. I would probably take this as an opportunity to get a Core2Duo age optiplex off of fleabay for like 50 bucks and run updated software.

I run Thunderbird on all sorts of hardware under all sorts of operating systems and I've never encountered a single issue with performance.

I run Thunderbird on all sorts of hardware under all sorts of operating systems and I've never encountered a single issue with performance.
That has been my general experience but the software has evolved with hardware over time so I am looking at clues as to what would be a better overall experience. Moreover, the OP could be talking about Outlook Express 6 which was bundled with XP and TB stopped supporting XP in version 52. XP saw quite a long life and went from general usage on Pentium 3 with 128-256MB of RAM to Core 2 and 4GB of RAM. Thinking about the lowest common denominator here..

In many ways I actually preferred Outlook Express to Outlook. Outlook is a mess. ;)

Back