Need an opinion on a card

Bozzie

Limp Gawd
Like the title says, I need some opinions for a card I'm thinking of getting. A local place has a pretty good price on an MSI 128Mb FX5700-TD128. I've looked around and read a few reviews and it seems this card isn't that bad, and is pretty good compared to a 5600.

My current card is an MSI GF4MX440, and I'm incredibly happy with what I can do with it, but it's time to upgrade it. How much of a difference would the 5700 be compared to the 440? I'm not sure on the exact price at the moment, as the shop is on holidays, and won't be open untill Monday the 5th, so I'm sure the price will drop a little.

I'm not really looking for an opinion on the price, just thoughts about the card itself and an idea of the performance increase over my current card.

Thanks for the replies!

Well, like I said, the price doesn't concern me too much, but it should be around $240 if not a little lower.

The 5700 would be a WORLD of difference. If you play any DX9 (or DX8 even) you'll see a big increase in performance. The MX440 is based on the GeForce 2 design which is 4-5 year old technology.

Back