Need an Aftermarket Cooler for a P5LD2-VM DH

Rannoch

Weaksauce
So I'm going to get an Asus P5LD2-VM DH and I have no idea which aftermarket coolers will work with this motherboard. Any help would be appreciated. I was thinking either a Scythe Ninja or a Arctic Cooling Freezer 7. I have a Pentium D 805 that I would like to be able to overclock.

Did you order the p5ld2-vm dh yet? I had one but i couldnt OC very well. I would recommend an abit lg-81 instead.

As for a cooler, it depends on what case. for an SG01 ide say a cooler master hyper L3 is best, for a QPACK or microfly almost anything will work well

Case wise it doesn't matter because it would be going into a customized G3 Apple case. However I am wondering if either of my initial coolers (or others with about the same price range) will clear the caps and stuff placed around the cpu socket.

In terms of the Abit LG-81. I like the company (main pc has an AN8-SLI) however I can't seem to find any LG-81s on Newegg so I guess where would be a good place to purchase one? I would be looking to spend not much more than the $125 that the P5LD2-VH DM would cost me.

Thanks

-Rannoch

i just bought a new one off of ebay from a sellers store for like 90 shiped i think. I believe they have some left.

edit: seems to have sold all of them now. sorry.

Thanks for the links.
So I take it Overclocking is decent on this motherboard and some of the larger Aftermarket Coolers will work with it?

Thanks again

-Rannoch

lol damnit, yea i oaid 80 for it but charged like 10 for shipping or something

Hey Dillusion have you ever bought from Page computers?
How are they on shipping? (if you have)

Rannoch said:
Hey Dillusion have you ever bought from Page computers?
How are they on shipping? (if you have)

No i havent, they seem reputable though.

Well then I will purchase a LG-81 from them and see how it goes. I will report back with things like shipping speed and how well it was packaged ect...

-Rannoch

Back