Need AM2+ Cooler for K9A2 Platinum board? Help?

Kaitian

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm not exactly sure what CPU heatsink will work for my motherboard. It's quite hard to find one that may seem compatible with my motherboard. It's just so that I don't want to purchase a CPU heatsink that will end up not fitting in the motherboard due to the positioning of the CPU so close to the RAM.

I have the K9A2 Platinum w/ the AMD 9550 BE processor using the AMD stock cooler.
Motherboard info here:
http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=proddesc&maincat_no=1&cat2_no=171&prod_no=1332

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I used the Arctic Cooler Freezer 64 Pro on my X2 6000+. It's very cheap, and was quieter and cooler than stock. It's not the best, but it is a decent cooler. It's not huge, but it was pretty close to my first RAM slot.

I have the S1283 on my i7, and am very happy with it. In the reviews, it seems to rank up there with the TRUE and other top dogs, while being much cheaper. It's quite a bit bigger than the Freezer 64 Pro.

That heatsink looks pretty neat and has a shitton of reviews on that. Thanks and I'll definitely buy it to check it out. It's cheap which is a plus.

Back