Need advices/help from elders here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonhunter

Limp Gawd
I bought an iphone4 from this thread : http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1712627
He described the iphone has few minor scratches on the front screen but instead there are alot of scratches all over the screen and the edge of the screen too.
I took a closer look at the iphone and there is something blocking the camera flash on the back as well.
Who would grade the iphone 8/10 with the issues above? well!! the seller did and now he refused to give me the refund.
Now he's trolling my PM, acting like a little kid and PMing me stuffs that's not related to this issue. I can screen capture my PM if you guys want to read his trolling PMs. I have nothing bad to hide here.

Anyway, I posted this thread asking for advices and warn anyone who want to buy this iphone from him once I return it.

PS: Please check his heatware before buying anything from him.

Thank you

A picture of the iPhone in question:

tuyM5.jpg

I would happily refund him, minus $20 for the troubles. Stores often charge 20%+ for restocking, I just really can't stand flakes, people deciding they don't want things (he told me he can't afford it), then I get stuck with paying the shipping...

Please stick to the topic, I want to return the iphone because the scratches on the front screen was NOT as described and you didn't note that there is something blocking the camera flash on the back of the iphone, not because I can not afford it, thanks

I won't say who's right and who's wrong... not my place to judge... but if someone did as dragonhunter is suggesting was done to him... that person would be looking at a paypal dispute, and negative heat, at the least.

I'm getting way negative vibes off that heatware, too -- people don't just make stuff up to send stuff back. Not like that. There's way too much detail there to be made-up shit.

Link to the heatware account I saw --> http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=24659. greenman100, I rather think that's your heatware, based on the name and the contents?

Also, dragonhunter, if you could post those PMs, that probably would be helpful. Make sure you remove any personally identifying info of yours and greenman100's -- if nothing else, drop the screenshots into MS Paint and put white boxes over that stuff. Names, phone numbers, mailing and email addresses, that sorta stuff.

You will want to use an image-hosting service and then link to the image itself. I personally recommend Imageshack, they're pretty cool... (www.imageshack.us) ...but whatever.

@greenman100: I assume you do not have a photo of the iPhone in question, with screen off, and with the light at such an angle that it would reflect off the screen, showing whatever flaws might or might not be present?

...actually, on that note, we could be looking at shipping damage here, if it was packaged that poorly. If there was insurance, then there's reason to file for a claim. USPS won't do shit if insurance wasn't purchased, is what I hear. But if it was... the procedure is given in this thread. Can't say more than that, I've never had to go through that.

dragonhunter, if you do decide to go the paypal claim route, you should know that you get 45 days from payment (IIRC) to dispute that transaction.

Dragon, how long have you had the phone? Just today?

EDIT : Green, your heat now has three negative evals and it just disgusts me you'd leave a retaliation negative like that. That just shows how immature you are for a person with a high number of positive evals. Why make it such a big deal man? Simply give him the refund, you really think you'd win the paypal dispute?

Dragon, how long have you had the phone? Just today?

EDIT : Green, your heat now has three negative evals and it just disgusts me you'd leave a retaliation negative like that. That just shows how immature you are for a person with a high number of positive evals. Why make it such a big deal man? Simply give him the refund, you really think you'd win the paypal dispute?

Thank you A15G,

I recieved the iphone yesterday.

Yes!!!! I didn't want to post that he posted a negative Heat after I gave him one.
I am confident that anyone whose read that feedback can tell whose right and whose wrong.

i think the seller should refund back the money to the op to save the hassle because paypal will side with the buyer regardless since the condition is not as advertised.

OP next time you buy a phone with the intention to resale, you should ask for pictures (close up one) before money exchange ( 1 picture worth 1000 words right )

Thank you A15G,

I recieved the iphone yesterday.

Yes!!!! I didn't want to post that he posted a negative Heat after I gave him one.
I am confident that anyone whose read that feedback can tell whose right and whose wrong.

If you have only received it yesterday, a refund is still an option. The seller did not state whether all sales are as-is, or refundable in his thread.

If I were you, i'd go ahead and make the dispute now. We can already tell he's not going to cooperate and make things easier on himself. Most likely you'll win, but if he decides to refund you, don't close the dispute till money is in bank.

A picture of the iPhone in question:

tuyM5.jpg

I would happily refund him, minus $20 for the troubles. Stores often charge 20%+ for restocking, I just really can't stand flakes, people deciding they don't want things (he told me he can't afford it), then I get stuck with paying the shipping...

Can you prove he said that? If you can, then op is really a flake.

You are not a store, and I think it would be childish to use there 20% restocking fee here. Lol.

There is only one ending to this. OP will get his money, no matter what lol. You are only making the process longer. Hell if I were op, i'd wait months to ship you back the iPhone. #kidding.

Also, dragonhunter, if you could post those PMs, that probably would be helpful. Make sure you remove any personally identifying info of yours and greenman100's -- if nothing else, drop the screenshots into MS Paint and put white boxes over that stuff. Names, phone numbers, mailing and email addresses, that sorta stuff.

dragonhunter, if you do decide to go the paypal claim route, you should know that you get 45 days from payment (IIRC) to dispute that transaction.

PM captures as requested

I did file a dispute with PayPal and greenman100 escalated to a claim, I am not sure what to do next.......

Thank you starhawk for your expertise

Please read in order, from bottom up

Here's the other half with his PayPal info greyed out

PM captures as requested

I did file a dispute with PayPal and greenman100 escalated to a claim, I am not sure what to do next.......

Thank you starhawk for your expertise

Please read in order, from bottom up

Here's the other half with his PayPal info greyed out

For me to judge, I wouldn't pay much attention to the "can't afford it" part.

He said few scratches, phone arrived with more than few, therefore = false advertisement. Easy as that.

By the way he is talking, he's not the brightest. I mean, him escalating to a claim? Wh.....what?

He sounds extremely immature, file claim with PayPal, get money back and return item, and report to Heatware for the retaliatory feedback as well.

I agree with HeavensCloud. greenman100... I really don't see you coming out the winner here. The stuff in that PM trail is *really* immature. That, combined with the way you treat the three negatives you've gotten over the years...

...yeah, you probably are gonna get it this time.

dragonhunter, make sure that paypal knows about the PMs -- offer to email them to Paypal if Paypal can use them. It almost certainly will help your case.

...also, I didn't know you could counter a Paypal claim with another claim?

I agree with HeavensCloud. greenman100... I really don't see you coming out the winner here. The stuff in that PM trail is *really* immature. That, combined with the way you treat the three negatives you've gotten over the years...

...yeah, you probably are gonna get it this time.

dragonhunter, make sure that paypal knows about the PMs -- offer to email them to Paypal if Paypal can use them. It almost certainly will help your case.

...also, I didn't know you could counter a Paypal claim with another claim?

greenman100 is the trolling seller. link this thread to the heatware evalution and let paypal handle the rest.

I'm in no way saying the seller is behaving correctly in this matter. However, that being said, if you look at the image of the phone you can plainly see the screen is in terrible condition. Almost as if someone took 30k grit prep paper to it like you would to restore a headlight lens. The buyer does reserve the right to request a refund if he/she is not happy with the condition of an item received. The seller mentions a 20% restocking fee, well that'd make sense if you were a retailer that had to test, clean, repackage, and restock the item.

Now, neither of them approached the refund in a professional manor. The buyer was dishonest in his attempt to justify the return, and the seller reacted with unjust attacks. One of you have to act like the bigger person and finalize this transaction. Unfortunately for the seller paypal will side with the buyer. Depending on how they do the refund they could either hold the funds until the buyer provides a return shipping tracking number or they could just allow the buyer access to his funds immediately. Either way, do not prolong the return and just shake hands like adults and go your seperate ways. This he said/she said childs play is a bit beneath our community.

Dunno if it's my eyes, monitor, or the photo itself, but I can't see too much in the way of smudges/scratches on the screen in the photo provided.

Dunno if it's my eyes, monitor, or the photo itself, but I can't see too much in the way of smudges/scratches on the screen in the photo provided.

ya me neither, it's hard to get photo of those screen with normal camera. i think the scratches are more like you can feel it and see it up close. i can see 4 scratches, (on the screen) should have seen pic before buying for sure. next time in such case request photos from angle, it gives better view of scratches, though you've to get 4 pic from each side as you can only see about part of screen clearly from angle.

Most of what I see, TBH, looks like fingerprints that weren't cleaned off. IIRC the term for that is iSmudge.

Keep us posted. If you fail to win the claim, which I highly doubt you will. Simply file a chargeback with your CC company.

Suppose my eyes are used to looking for things of this nature. Based on that picture I wouldn't have paid more than $100 for that phone. The condition looks terrible.

Make sure paypal knows he's lying. Also, as someone else suggested, you can edit your Heat feedback to include a link to this thread, and then tell Paypal about the feedback.

Greenman, you should learn from this. Be honest and forthcoming in all interactions with other people. It's the only way.

Its obvious this thread will not bring a resolution.
Good luck working this out

OP post an update if you get it resolved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back