need advice to buy best 1080 ips screen for PS4

Your opinion towards myself and others in this forum are fine. To a certain extent you and NCX are absolutely correct that PWM should be gotten rid of; however, PWM isn't the end all be all of monitors. So once again, use a PWM monitor in a real life gaming test and point out the lack of motion clarity. It just isn't going to happen for the vast majority of people. I ran one with my Dell U2713HM and one with my Asus PB278qr. No one could reliably tell the difference playing Skyrim, Planetside 2, Diablo 3, or World of Tanks. Most people chose the Asus over the Dell depending on what game was being played. Let me make one thing clear, at no point did a single person in the entire day comment on motion clarity and that in order to replicate the PWM affect I have to set my monitors in totally unrealistic settings in order for others to see the affect. Let me repeat that. In order to duplicate the PWM effect so that it is noticeable I have to literally set my monitors settings in the most awkward and unrealistic settings possible to duplicate PWM.

Errr the PB278Q-R is actually PWM free so you just compared two monitors which are both PWM free...Not saying you're wrong about PWM though as I've used a PWM monitor in the past myself (Asus VG248QE) and I wasn't really bothered by it. But in this day and age we might as well get a PWM free display rather than not.

I thinking to go with EIZO FlexScan EV2336W

from what i understand in display webpage

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2336w/

the display has 3 input video port

DisplayPort

DVI-D

D-SUB

so i need to use cable converter or adapter

but which one of these three port should i select to buy an adapter for it

I'm thinking in DisplayPort because its newer than DVI-D and might give me more image stable with out any problem

there is many brand makes adapter and cable converter like Cable 2 go and Startech
i like the first one

is there cable converter have audio out jack i see someone in YouTube have adapter like this but i forget the name of video "the video was about someone show to us how to connect PS console to computer adapter and using HDMI to DVI adapter"

Errr the PB278Q-R is actually PWM free so you just compared two monitors which are both PWM free...Not saying you're wrong about PWM though as I've used a PWM monitor in the past myself (Asus VG248QE) and I wasn't really bothered by it. But in this day and age we might as well get a PWM free display rather than not.

Well according to the flicker free database my dell's are PWM free and my Asus were not.

And yes, I'd rather have PWM free technology than have it.

You should basically ignore all of Climber's comments about input lag and PWM, because he's completely clueless and has been pulling shit out of his ass for multiple posts now. The EV2336W is hands down the best standard gamut 1080p monitor.

Whatever you say, if you're going to continue to be a douchebag because I disagree with you about the widespread affects of PWM that is fine, but even you said third party hdmi to dvi adapters couldn't all be verified. That was my warning to Haider that certain adapters may add input lag and that is true judging from the amount of threads about it and that is all I've ever said.

I thinking to go with EIZO FlexScan EV2336W

from what i understand in display webpage

http://www.eizoglobal.com/products/flexscan/ev2336w/

the display has 3 input video port

DisplayPort

DVI-D

D-SUB

so i need to use cable converter or adapter

but which one of these three port should i select to buy an adapter for it

I'm thinking in DisplayPort because its newer than DVI-D and might give me more image stable with out any problem

there is many brand makes adapter and cable converter like Cable 2 go and Startech
i like the first one

is there cable converter have audio out jack i see someone in YouTube have adapter like this but i forget the name of video "the video was about someone show to us how to connect PS console to computer adapter and using HDMI to DVI adapter"

I'd recommend you use HDMI -> DVI for your PS4, and reserve the Displayport connection for your PC. Displayport has some compatibility issues when converted from HDMI to Displayport.

What are you connecting your audio to per se? External speakers, an A/V receiver; what kind of ports do you need?

Well according to the flicker free database my dell's are PWM free and my Asus were not.

And yes, I'd rather have PWM free technology than have it.

The Asus PB278Q-R uses a PWM-free AHVA panel; the older Asus PB278Q uses a PLS panel with PWM. This really destroys what little credibility you have, as I said back a few posts ago.

Whatever you say, if you're going to continue to be a douchebag because I disagree with you about the widespread affects of PWM that is fine, but even you said third party hdmi to dvi adapters couldn't all be verified. That was my warning to Haider that certain adapters may add input lag and that is true judging from the amount of threads about it and that is all I've ever said.

I said user error; try reading. DVI and HDMI are exactly the same video wise; again, try reading. You call me a douchebag, yet you're intent on posting in this thread when: A. You have no idea what you're talking about. B. You're effectively leading the OP astray when I'm trying help him make the best informed purchase. You're the one that wants to argue PWM, when it's not even relevant to the damn conversation, because none of the PWM monitors are even remotely superior to the PWM-free ones. Who's the real douche here? Good lord man. There's no shame in not knowing things, but don't inject yourself into a forum with ignorant comments, it literally helps no one. And really, I'm only annoyed by your entire lack of knowledge on the facts of display technology. You really just have no business making recommendations.

Dear Climber and Nikyo I own to both of you because you help me to understand more about PC Monitor by explain some info to me and guide me to buy best PC Monitor available in the market so I want to say thank you very much... This is first

Second:
Everyone get angry sometime and understand thing from one side in don’t mean any one of you but what I want to say we are all human and everyone need the other ... shearing info and other things so I don’t see its problem in what happened between you it’s just misunderstanding, I don't want to be a reason to happen some dispute between you

Climber and Nikyo thank you very much again, to be a part in my thread and I’m really grateful for you.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
The Asus PB278Q-R uses a PWM-free AHVA panel; the older Asus PB278Q uses a PLS panel with PWM. This really destroys what little credibility you have, as I said back a few posts ago.

Your own database lists the PB278QR as having PWM, well it is listed as untested, so I stand corrected. My point from the beginning was that PWM isn't a reason to dismiss a highly received monitor and that the health effects of PWM are being over stated by you and NCX. I believe this to be fact as a majority of the tests and from the TFT Central PWM article states:
As we said at the beginning, this article is not designed to scare people away from modern LCD displays, rather to help inform people of this potential issue. With the growing popularity in W-LED backlit monitors it does seem to be causing more user complaints than older displays, and this is related to the PWM technique used and ultimately the type of backlight selected. Of course the problems which can potentially be caused by the use of PWM are not seen by everyone, and in fact I expect there are far more people who would never notice any of the symptoms than there are people who do. For those who do suffer from side effects including headaches and eye strain there is an explanation at least.

With the long term and proven success of a technology like Pulse Width Modulation, and the many years of use in CCFL displays we can't see it being widely changed at any time soon to be honest, even with the popular move to W-LED backlit units. It is still a reliable method for controlling the backlight intensity and therefore offering a range of brightness adjustments which every user would want and need. Those who are concerned about its side effects or who have had problems with previous displays should try and consider the frequency of the PWM in their new display, or perhaps even try and find a screen where it is not used at all in backlight dimming. Some manufacturers are proactively addressing this concern through the use of flicker free backlights, and so options are emerging which do not use PWM. Our Flicker Free Monitor Database tracks all those models which are known to be PWM-free.

That has been my experience and it appears to be the experience of a vast majority of users at [H]. There are multiple threads, several that are 100s of pages long, where people are happy with their monitor choice yet your response is this is impossible because you stated:
Your anecdote of PWM is based off a large thread with incredibly clueless forum members, who know nothing about display technology, and have very low standards/are hugely biased by their own post-purchase rationalization.
My response is that real world usage trumps artificial testing methods which is why you see these threads with users happy with their PWM monitors. Would I rather have monitors free of PWM? A huge yes of course I would, but I recommended a monitor I've personally used and one that has over 800 5 star reviews on Amazon I fail to see how that is leading a user astray.

I said user error; try reading. DVI and HDMI are exactly the same video wise; again, try reading.

I know exactly what DVI and HDMI are and I understand that an adapter shouldn't cause a problem but sometimes they do. I do not personally have experience using a hdmi to dvi adapter on a console so yes, I looked it up because whenever using an adapter there is always a chance something isn't compatible. I stated this when I told him there MAY BE a chance to add input lag because yes, there were multiple posts from people having trouble with adapters. So I warned him. Why you are so intent on arguing that an adapter may cause an issue is perplexing. Instead of arguing that all adapters just work unless there is user error, just state which adapter you have so if Haider does decide to use your suggestion he knows which adapter to buy.

I have no experience with the EV2336W so I didn't recommend it, didn't even know about it until you brought it up. I never argued with you against the EV2336W and judging from the reviews The EV2336W is a perfectly fine monitor and the only area of concern I had, still have, was the fact that it doesn't have an HDMI port. I prefer not using adapters wherever possible but as you stated you have one and tested it on your PS4 and it works fine so nothing more needs to really be said on the issue. Just state which adapter you're using so Haider can make the correct purchase for his setup.

Last edited:
Nikyo i want to use External Speaker with monitor did you try this with your one before
also i want to ask you can you tell as about your experience with your monitor in watching movies on it

Your own database lists the PB278QR as having PWM, well it is listed as untested, so I stand corrected.

Well, it's clear you don't read reviews before purchasing expensive monitor, at the very least.

I don't know if you're aware, but that's the "Flicker-free" database, as in PWM-free. It lists the R variant as being PWM-free, but untested by them - It's been tested by NCX and =DEAD=.

That has been my experience and it appears to be the experience of a vast majority of users at [H]. There are multiple threads, several that are 100s of pages long, where people are happy with their monitor choice yet your response is this is impossible because you stated: My response is that real world usage trumps artificial testing methods which is why you see these threads with users happy with their PWM monitors. Would I rather have monitors free of PWM? A huge yes of course I would, but I recommended a monitor I've personally used and one that has over 800 5 star reviews on Amazon I fail to see how that is leading a user astray.

And there's many people that have issues with PWM.

Your "testing" was already debunked because you compared two PWM-free monitors; are you even serious right now? I wasn't aware BlurBuster's pursuit camera, a peer-reviewed testing method which simulates the human-eye and captures motion accordingly, was somehow not a real world scenario.

Yes, shopping off 5-star Amazon reviews is an excellent idea; it's the source I consult for all my large purchases. Good thing, too. These Beats by Dre are just fantastic. :rolleyes:

Furthermore, I believe OP asked for the best, not the maybe kind of ok, or the "I think it's good because it has 5 star Amazon reviews." If you cannot figure out how Amazon reviews are not a good indicator of quality, then you're a lost cause.

I know exactly what DVI and HDMI are and I understand that an adapter shouldn't cause a problem but sometimes they do. I do not personally have experience using a hdmi to dvi adapter on a console so yes, I looked it up because whenever using an adapter there is always a chance something isn't compatible. I stated this when I told him there MAY BE a chance to add input lag because yes, there were multiple posts from people having trouble with adapters. So I warned him. Why you are so intent on arguing that an adapter may cause an issue is perplexing. Instead of arguing that all adapters just work unless there is user error, just state which adapter you have so if Haider does decide to use your suggestion he knows which adapter to buy.

You do realize that there's no signal conversion, and therefore no input lag. Please provide proof of it adding input lag? I mean, you could also MAY BE know what you're talking about, but you dont, so.

I have no experience with the EV2336W so I didn't recommend it, didn't even know about it until you brought it up. I never argued with you against the EV2336W and judging from the reviews The EV2336W is a perfectly fine monitor and the only area of concern I had, still have, was the fact that it doesn't have an HDMI port. I prefer not using adapters wherever possible but as you stated you have one and tested it on your PS4 and it works fine so nothing more needs to really be said on the issue. Just state which adapter you're using so Haider can make the correct purchase for his setup.

So, you basically don't know enough about monitors, especially not the ones in the 1080p range, and have come here to make poor recommendations and argue with me. Ok.

And again, the adapter wouldn't matter.

I honestly cannot figure out a reason you're still posting here.

Nikyo i want to use External Speaker with monitor did you try this with your one before
also i want to ask you can you tell as about your experience with your monitor in watching movies on it

You would need to use optical out to the speakers, receiver, or DAC; one of these would work fine.

If you're considering the Samsung over the Eizo, I'd personally go for the Dell S2415 (glossy). The Samsung glows significantly more, which would be kind of annoying, because smaller 1080p monitors already glow far more than larger ones. The Eizo is fine for movies, has excellent contrast (1200:1 for my unit), will display colors more vibrantly than all of the other sub 92% gamut coverage panels, but still suffers from the normal amount of IPS glow for a 23" 1080p monitor. There's nothing you can do about glow, unless you buy something with an A-TW polarizer, like the Eizo CX241.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
why Dell S2415 and what is glossy do you mean Samsung S24E390HL is a matte screen

The Samsung has a matte screen, yes. The Dell is the only good 24" glossy 1080p glossy monitor.

The Eizo will outperform the both of them. I would pick the Dell as a second choice because it being glossy would allow it to match the color vibrancy - and it would be clearer on text. If it's not clear - the Eizo is also matte; I assumed you have no personal preference, considering you were set on the Samsung. Is that not the case?

Last edited:
i was thought that matte screen is better than glossy :(

Glossy screens are always more vibrant than matte screens, and clearer. There's nothing wrong with a matte screen, per se. But if you do want the clearest picture, a glossy screen is the way to go. That doesn't mean, however, that the glossy screen has the best color performance - and it doesn't - the Eizo still does.

NCX (creator of the article you read) posted such a while back.

The EV2336W is better than all of the matte 1080p IPS/PLS panels, but it's usually far more expensive. If you want a matte monitor buy an EV2336W or one of the quality matte AH-IPS panels since they suffer from significantly less glow than the Samsung D & E series AD-PLS panels.

Matte: PLS EV2336W
Glossy: IPS HP 23 Envy or Dell S2x15H (24 & 27").

The EV2336W offers the best all around performance, but the glossy IPS panels look clearer. More information and review links.

Asus MG279Q

It's a 1440p 144 Hz IPS monitor that will allow you to transition to PC gaming above 60 Hz and future consoles that may support higher refresh rates, if they ever do.

DejaWiz Asus MG279Q is 1440p i dont like this resolution

what about this model from dell its also ips and glossy

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=860-BBEM

That is indeed the one I'd recommend if you wish to go glossy.

i have question : some ips screen have Anti-Glare, 3H as a panel surface like this one

http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-24MP56HQ-P-led-monitor

some other have Glossy as panel surface

what is 3H?

A measure of surface hardness.

thank you because of your post and other member's post in this thread my acknowledgment about monitor
become better.

there is two mode from dell i want to ask which one of them is better

Dell U2414H

Dell S2415H

also if i want to reduce the sound quality what about use Dell AC511 Stereo USB Sound Bar

Nikyo also i want to ask you about advantage and disadvantage of Glossy and matte and personally what did you prefer?

the usb power from the back of monitor and it has output sound port is this sound bar good or you reccomed another one from another brand like soundbar or speaker or any sound system

Last edited:
Troub thanks for sharing your experience with Samsung-27-Inch-LED-Lit-Monitor-S27E591C

but don't think if you buy Samsung 27-Inch Screen LED-Lit Monitor (S27E390H) instead of that one you own will be much better because its PLS Panel

Either one of those should be a good choice. Personally I like the Dell's design (thin borders) and VESA mount option but both would be great with your PS4.

i found these videos in YouTube about Dell 24 S2415H

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts6_bgO0K4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzLg6vx6hsw

you can see how monitor panel is reflective (that bad to me)
in this situation i think I'll go with matte screen so there is two matte monitor, I'm thinking to pick one of them

Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor U2414H

Samsung S24E390HL

Why are you considering the Dell and the Samsung over the Eizo, which out performs both?

The Dell's bezel ruins perceived black depth, and the Samsung is largely unreviewed. But the Samsung uses an AD-PLS panel, which historically glow more than other offerings.

Either one of those should be a good choice. Personally I like the Dell's design (thin borders) and VESA mount option but both would be great with your PS4.

The Dell's bezel is not actually thin but uses a frameless casing; a frameless casing has a black inner bezel that ruins perceived black depth, and it's no smaller than a regular bezel for that matter.

Why are you considering the Dell and the Samsung over the Eizo, which out performs both?

The Dell's bezel ruins perceived black depth, and the Samsung is largely unreviewed. But the Samsung uses an AD-PLS panel, which historically glow more than other offerings.

The Dell's bezel is not actually thin but uses a frameless casing; a frameless casing has a black inner bezel that ruins perceived black depth, and it's no smaller than a regular bezel for that matter.

It is far far far smaller than a regular bezel and so much less of an eyesore for those that are aesthetically oriented. That's personally why I chose the Dell over another monitor.

Colonel Sanders and JDMFSeanP thanks for posting

Nikyo look for this review

http://www.kagoo.com/TVs-Monitors-Projectors/PC-Monitors/1716850/Eizo-Flexscan-EV2336W.html

why in the side of "10 Reasons Against

"they say "On average Eizo medium screen size LCD screens have poor reviews as do all flatpanel monitors manufactured by Eizo. "

also there is chart about that

That isn't a review. Furthermore, Dell has anecdotally the worst quality control in the industry; Samsung has one of the worst warranty services.

Eizo is one of the top monitor manufacturers in the world, along with NEC; their monitors are always consistently well reviewed, with the exception of the FG2421, which was plagued with quality control issues. Take a look at any review site: PRAD, TFTcentral, overclockers.ru.

NCX's thread also has links to the [H]ardforum user thread for the EV2336W, as well as the PRAD review.

I took my final decision, I'll go with EV2336W (because of reviews about it is most safe monitor for eyes)

thanks for every one post in this thread.

hmmm I don't know about this monitor but i have question
what is the release date of EV2336W is it in 2014 or 2015

i was thought that Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitor U2414H is better than EIZO monitor BUT after read the conclusion of review (it seems to EIZO EV2450 is better)

thanks RichardUnknown

Just remember if you get a horribly factory calibrated dud with 2.4 gamma and 7k temp, you are pretty much out of luck with a console unless you can correct it through osd, which is very unlikely.

So, I suggest looking at something that provides a reliable factory calibration. Maybe eizo ev2450?

Back