Need advice re: problem after installing 2x2GB Patriot Viper PC2 6400

XeeN

Limp Gawd
Hey all,

My friend posted about his problems in the motherboard sub-forum but I thought that it might get more of a response here. Thanks in advance for your time and any suggestions!

So I have an MSI 975x Platinum Motherboard which has been working great for me for over a year. I just got 4 gigs of new RAM (Patriot Viper 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PVS24G6400LLK) So, I had 2 gigs of Corsair XMS PC5400 RAM. Now, putting the new RAM in I had to change the settings so that it was at 800mhz, and 2.0v (it was at 667 and 1.9 before). Ever since I jhave done this, my built in network card has been getting "limited connectivity" on both my xp and vista partitions. I have the most recent bios and OS drivers for the mobo and network card... So I guess I am wondering if anyone has dealt with this. The only thing I can think of is power, but i have a 650 watt ps, and I never us more than like 480 on it.

(from this post: http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1389331)

Also I tried lowering the voltage to 1.9 and the timings down to 667, and still the network card won't work right.

I got it resolved. Thanks guys. Turns out it was an issue with my ethernet wall plugs. Very coincidental that the problem happened right when i put the new RAM in. All working normally now.

Back