Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Mohack

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mumble

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters

Abula

[H]ard|Gawd
Im currently on the market for a voice communication for playing with friends, maybe in the future to do a clan/guild. In the past there were very few options, but now there are more, so just looking for some feedback from gamers what do you prefer. Atm i just want to decide which one work better for gaming.

Ventrilo
Teamspeak
Mohawk
Mumble

Personally, Vent is my favorite only because I have been using for a few years and all my friends are accustomed to it. I've heard Teamspeak has been significantly improved over past versions in terms of voice quality and adminstration but both Vent and TS will get the job done.

+1 vent

actually my clan just moved to TS3. apparently the server host for their ventrilo just blew balls so they switched to TS3 which is the bees knees from what Im told, but my clan has up to 100+ people in at any given moment.

Vent is usually what I use (er, used to use when I was competitive). Never had an issue. Used TS a couple of times back in the day. It worked, but Vent is generally the industry standard. Tried and true. Go with Vent.

*edited for spelling fail*

Last edited:
Vent. Some of us use skype theses day but that can get annoying when someone is: eating, breathing, talking to wife, etc. Push to Talk FTW.

I have been using both TeamSpeak and Ventrilo the last 10 years when playing Counter Strike and WoW. I think that Ventrilo had slightly better SQ the first few years, but I think that TeamSpeak has better SQ now, but it is not a big difference. I have also always preffered TeamSpeak's interface.

I'm gonna go with Vent also.

Me and my few friends use XFire, but we are a small group so it works out just fine for us. We also like XFire cause of the screen-shot and video capabilities plus live broadcasting :). But as I said we are a small group, I don't think it would work out well for a large group.

Mumble is the best on that list IMO, and primarily because of its nearly complete lack of communication latency. The only reason to go with Ventrilo is because people know how to use it, it is technically inferior to both Mumble and Teamspeak.

Back