Need Advice on Upgrade

azuldenial

Gawd
Ok, my friend in all his wisdom decided to buy a pair of 8500gt's, he had a 7900gt before. Anyone know how much performance if any he is losing by doing this?

He's throwing money away IMO. For a little more he can get a 8800GT 256 or 512

tell him to return it if he hasn't. that's such a waste of money right there. its better to get a single more newer card then sli two outdated cards. tell him to look into the hd3850. he wont be disappointed for sure.

I agree with the 8800 GT 512 if he can find one.

Its a super card for the money.:D

PNY - Verto GeForce 8500 GT Graphics Card

I just bought the PNY - Verto GeForce DDR2 8500 GT Graphics Card to use with Vista Ultimate. I'm currently playn' Empire Earth III and it's ok. I just have to say that this video card SUCKS. I can't even play Empire Earth on half or full Graphics. I'm going to take it back to Best Buy on Tuesday and get the 8600 or the 8800 since their both DDR3. if you have the 8500 let me know what you think about it. Also which card is better 8600 or 8800?

Totally agree, after talking to him, he's taking the pair back and gonna grab the 8800gt. He thought that since the model number was greater, that it was a better product. So nvidia's model number confusion got another one, almost.

PNY - Verto GeForce 8500 GT Graphics Card

I just bought the PNY - Verto GeForce DDR2 8500 GT Graphics Card to use with Vista Ultimate. I'm currently playn' Empire Earth III and it's ok. I just have to say that this video card SUCKS. I can't even play Empire Earth on half or full Graphics. I'm going to take it back to Best Buy on Tuesday and get the 8600 or the 8800 since their both DDR3. if you have the 8500 let me know what you think about it. Also which card is better 8600 or 8800?

8800 is much better. Hell, for many games, 7900GS gives you better fps than even 8600GT. ;)

Back