Need advice on running 3 4k 43" displays (P4317Q)

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Silverknight, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Silverknight

Silverknight n00bie

Basically I only want to work on windows for now and know I need a way better gpu to push all those pixels in game lmao. Perhaps a Gtx 1080 ti sc2 hybrid 11 gb, Asus Rog-strix 1080 11gb OC edition 5k HD gpu or which one would you recommend? Say $1000 budget for smooth frame rates in max settings in all games to game on threeway 43” 4K displays...Or do I need a Titan?

So let’s get the point....Been using two of these and a s2817q 4K display with no issues.

Today I got my third p4317q 4K monitor and have not been able to get them all to light up together. I can only assume the two Gtx 960 4gb gpu s can’t handle 3 of these displays to run windows on? I find that a bit difficult to believe or am i running out of VRAM?

Basically the new monitor stays sleep.

Also.....Would anyone be able to explain why the new monitor is named Tech Concepts TCL and not Dell P4317Q like the other two when I go into the nvidia control panel to set up multiple displays?

I’ve heard using the display cords instead of the hdmi cords is best for 4K? Is this true?

Mobo: Asus Rog Crosshair VI Hero
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700
    Ram: G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB (2x8gb) pc425600
    SSD: PNY 480GB
    Seagate Backup Plus 4TB (STEAM)
    Cooling: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Triple Riing
    GTX 960 FTW (SLI)

2. Gatecrasher3000

Gatecrasher3000 Limp Gawd

ummm, you want to run NV Surround on three screens, at 4K, at max settings, and have 'smooth gameplay'?

...sorry to break this to you my man, but even a $3000 titan V would struggle with 4k Surround video. I mean it could be done, but you would need to turn your settings down, to stay locked at 60fps, depending on the game.
    I would recommend waiting to see what Nvidia's next GPUs can offer you, we should know more about them in August.

But if you had to buy something today, first think about what games you're going to be playing, find out if they work well with SLI, and if they do, look at getting two 1080ti to run in SLI. You might also need to upgrade your CPU, but I could be wrong on that..