Need advice on my new photography website

adamvk

Limp Gawd
I started a new website, and I need some feedback. What do you guys think of it? Its basically a photography site designed to help people, there are guides, quick tips, and forums. There also is a wallpaper section.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

www.camerafocalpoint.com

I'm not a big fan of the layout. When I click a thumbnail it opens another page with a huge image that I then have to right-click to download, why not just place a "download" link below each thumbnail instead?

Also "To download: Click on in image, let it fully load, then right click, and select "download image." is misleading because 1) not everyone has a "right-click" option (Mac users), and 2) Select "download image" is not going to be universal across all browsers, come to think of it, I don't think any browser is going to use that text, IE has "Save Picture as..", Firefox has "Save Image As..", etc...

Last edited:
I'm not a big fan of the layout. When I click a thumbnail it opens another page with a huge image that I then have to right-click to download, why not just place a "download" link below each thumbnail instead?

Also "To download: Click on in image, let it fully load, then right click, and select "download image." is misleading because 1) not everyone has a "right-click" option (Mac users), and 2) Select "download image" is not going to be universal across all browsers, come to think of it, I don't think any browser is going to use that text, IE has "Save Picture as..", Firefox has "Save Image As..", etc...

You are incorrect. The notion that Mac users can't right click is a commonly believed myth. Mac users can right click, and they do. I myself am a Mac user, for instance. The only difference is that Mac users have to do it differently.

And also, with the way I have it setup, it should say "download image" for every browser. So far I've tested it and it appears to work.

Also as far as having a direct download link, I feel the way I have it setup is basically the exact same, the only difference is that my way shows an info box to the left of the image.

Thank you very much though for your input.

I think it looks nice. I did notice some strange things going on with the markup however, such as these three tags in a row:
Code:
<html><br /></span>

It didn't seem to affect my experience viewing the site, but fixing them may make maintenance on the layout in the future easier.

Back