Need advice on 1080 purchase

arcsum68

Limp Gawd
I am currently out of town working, but was offered an Asus Rog Strix 8gb GTX 1080 that has not been mined and was purchased in 2018 for $380 through a friend. It appears they sell for more than that on ebay and I think here, but I honestly have limited time to look into it to see if its something I should consider. Currently limping along with a 7750, but I also have not been gaming much (cant really). I do plan to get into some drone footage editing through.

Is this a "good" deal consider the current shortage?

TY

auntjemima

[H]F Junkie
I am currently out of town working, but was offered an Asus Rog Strix 8gb GTX 1080 that has not been mined and was purchased in 2018 for $380 through a friend. It appears they sell for more than that on ebay and I think here, but I honestly have limited time to look into it to see if its something I should consider. Currently limping along with a 7750, but I also have not been gaming much (cant really). I do plan to get into some drone footage editing through.

Is this a "good" deal consider the current shortage?

TY
Yes. It will be leaps and bounds over your current card, it's a decent price, and it can do about $2 a day if you do decide to mine in your off time.

arcsum68

Limp Gawd
Thanks guys, that was my initial thought. He was asking for more, hopefully its still available when I get back into town.