Need Advice: Dell Vostro TrueLife Screen vs. Lenovo T61 Screen

daveman123

n00b
Hey guys, I need some help as I've scoured the internet for a comparison of the two screens without finding many results. I've got a Vostro 1500 WXGA+ with Truelife that came with an 8600M GT video card, T9300 CPU, shipped. Alternatively, I have an option of getting a Lenovo/IBM T61 with no video card and a T8300 CPU at the same price ($850).

The display is the most important thing to me, and I'm trying to find out if the T61 looks anywhere as good as the Vostro TrueLife. I've read that the TrueLife has a 283:1 contrast ratio vs. the T61's 200:1.

Is this a big difference? At the recommendation of this forum, I got a HP W2207 for my home monitor and absolutely LOVE it! So, I would want something that closely resembles this on a laptop.

Thanks for any help!

I had the chance to compare both screen (vostro 1500 and T61p both wsxga+@ 1680x1050) and They looked the same to me ... Even the Lenovo 3000 N200 have a similar screen and although I did not extensively used them, the difference is meaningless.

Keep your T9300 and 8600GT vostro ... Unless you really care a lot about battery life.

I don't know about the specific monitors you're comparing, but the TrueLife display on my Dell Inspiron 1501 is one of the worst TN panels I've ever seen.

Hmm.. yeah it's a touch choice and I figured I'd put it all on the monitor. To me, the Vostro's WSXGA+ TrueLife screen is great, almost as good as the HP W2207.

I think I'll just stick with the Vostro, even though it feels awfully flimsy compared to what I've heard about the T61.

If anyone has any good reason how the T61 screen is better than the Vostro's TrueLife, please let it be known. For the record, the Vostro 1500 WSXGA+ with an 8600M GT, 2GB Ram, and 160GB 5400 RPM has about 4 hour battery life with general use on a 9 cell battery.

Back