Need a working guide to allow physx with ati.

topdog5050

Gawd
I have tried the duel monitor trick to no avail and I have downloaded all the patches, wich by the way. Have patched crap for me.

Could someone point me to a site or post it here, just how you got yours to work.
Are they certian ati drivers that I have to use to get it to work, with certian nvidia drivers
and so forth.

I have a the 5870 and a 8800gt if that combo really matters.

I have used that sites instructions before as well as the patch. The how to links, are linked back to vcsmoke on this forum,but. The instruction on how to do it are a epic fail.

I have used the fake monitor as well as a real monitor and still fail at getting the physx enable.

How exactly are you failing? The instructions could not be easier.

I forgot to add one step... after extending desktop, go in to Nvidia Control panel and enable PhysX.

I did that, and it will enable,but as soon as I revert back to my 5870 it will turn the physx off again.

I did that, and it will enable,but as soon as I revert back to my 5870 it will turn the physx off again.

What do you mean "revert back". The 5870 is always the primary card. Enabling the PhysX doesn't change anything to the 5870. Nor does enabling the imaginary monitor on the Nvidia card.

When I got it working with two monitors it would always revert back as soon as I made the ati my primary card. But,if I try it your way with the imaginary monitor. I never get to even see the physx tab as its always blocked.

Could you just post the directions on here? I know there are more people than me on here who need a little clearly understanding of exactly how its done.That away,you will know its just not what im doing wrong, but more so. In the directions itself.

OK:

1) Your ATI cards are already installed and drivers are already installed.

2) Install your Nvidia card.

3) Download latest Nvidia drivers and 1.1 PhysX mod.

4) Install Nvidia drivers

5) Restart in safe mode

6) Run the 1.1 Mod (the GUI is retarded, just hit the Cake button, and make sure it says "patch installed" or similar.

7) Restart

8) Go into resolutions (right click on desktop)

9) Click detect

10) Select "antother display not detected" and Display: "available Display output on: Nvidia GTS 250" and "Try to connect anyway on VGA" and Apply.

11) Extend desktop to this display (1024x768), Apply.

12) Hit OK

13) Go into Nvidia Control Panel -> PhysX - Enable PHysX -> OK.

Done.

Done all of that,but. When its time to patch it says nothing patch.I have used the 1.2 patch that does both the 32 and 64 bit together and also the lite patch in safe mode.Still to no avial. I have stoped the explorer.exe and all nvidias.exe.

I have also tried the above guide and it has failed me every time.I have used the hacked 9.12 drivers, the 181 all the way up to the 195 beta drivers from nvidia.

If someone has done it with the 5890 and 8800gt combo under 7ultimate. Please post your exact guide if you would. Thanks.

Back