need a way to share soccer pics for free

Ok so I used to use Flickr for forums that only allow you to provide a link to a pic...
Others used photobucket, but they went paid version and people lost pics...ok
then our soccer team uses teamsnap, used too... well they lowered their picture section as I would upload, next week delete old and upload new...

so at the end of the season, I just threw them on CD's and handed them out..

what I would really like is a way for me to share my own pics...
I just setup ReadyShare on my netgear router and it works; however, there are no thumbnails so people would have to download every pic... its just archaic...

so
I can run a web server (never have), or I don't mind using a free service out there...

can anyone recommend a solution?

I have an hp z420 xeon e5 sitting here with 64gb ecc ram if I need to use that, or I already have a server 2019 box running with stablebit drive pool and 2 pools... ssd pool and sata pool...

this is a realm I have not dealt with yet, but am more than willing to give something a try.
I want something nice, easy, web front end and people can just go to, see the pics and download the ones they want...

thx...

pic for attention

Luke.jpg

JVene

n00b
I set up a web server on a consumer ISP line about two years ago, just to test some development and let the customer see what we were building.

I didn't take 4 hours before hackers from the entire planet were trying hard to break in, just to look around.

There was no URL. We used the IP address. Only the customer and I knew it was up a running.

I had it up for 24 hours. In that time there were over 1,000 attempts to break in. A few succeeded eventually.

You can make this work, don't get me wrong. Be prepared to study up on how to administer security.

That said, you can rent web space from a number of providers for about $35 for 2 or 3 years and be done with it (after making a basic web page for it).

Given the cost of one's time, it may be the best $35 you've ever spent (to let someone in the profession handle the security).

I set up a web server on a consumer ISP line about two years ago, just to test some development and let the customer see what we were building.

I didn't take 4 hours before hackers from the entire planet were trying hard to break in, just to look around.

There was no URL. We used the IP address. Only the customer and I knew it was up a running.

I had it up for 24 hours. In that time there were over 1,000 attempts to break in. A few succeeded eventually.

You can make this work, don't get me wrong. Be prepared to study up on how to administer security.

That said, you can rent web space from a number of providers for about $35 for 2 or 3 years and be done with it (after making a basic web page for it).

Given the cost of one's time, it may be the best $35 you've ever spent (to let someone in the profession handle the security).

totally understand on this...
so you mention $35 for 2-3 years.. got any as examples? as I have found ones that are like $20-$40/m.... if I was doing this as a business, I would clearly go that route...

uploaded and shared a main folder out to the team. I am at 81% full now, so I guess I will get closer to 100% and delete the oldest games, keeping myself at 9x% full, keeping at much as I can....

modi123

[H]ardness Supreme
Good deal. I have a few years of free more space, but the price isn't bad at what ever 1.55/month for 50 gb .