Need a USB 2.0 PCI Express card help!

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
Hey guys -- I am having trouble locating a specific PCI express card.

I have a Z170 motherboard and a Corsair 900D case.

I need a PCI Express card that will connect the TWO USB 2.0 headers from the front of the case.

My damn motherboard doesn't have the USB 2.0 headers. I can easily find one with one internal header, but can't find one with two USB 2.0 headers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So you are saying there isn't such thing as a PCI express card that has two USB 2.0 headers on it

Motherboard is EVGA Z170 Classified

Hey guys -- I am having trouble locating a specific PCI express card.

I have a Z170 motherboard and a Corsair 900D case.

I need a PCI Express card that will connect the TWO USB 2.0 headers from the front of the case.

My damn motherboard doesn't have the USB 2.0 headers. I can easily find one with one internal header, but can't find one with two USB 2.0 headers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
What you are looking for use to exist several years ago before USB 3.0 took off. Now, I'm not so sure if you can find one. Most of the ones I see still in stock have actual USB ports internally (not headers) and would necessitate the use of another adapter.

Honestly, your easiest option is the USB 3.0 to USB 2.0 header cable converter that cyclone3d posted. It also has the advantage of not eating up a PCIe slot.

Yes I don't think that specific PCI-e card exists. I looked everywhere. Your best bet will probably be a single header on a PCI-e card and get a splitter like this for your motherboard connection. Unless you are saying you don't have ANY USB 2.0 headers on the motherboard, which would be strange.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The motherboard doesn't have any USB 2.0 headers, so I will use a usb 3.0 to 2.0 converter to that. Thanks

I ordered the converter from USB 3.0 (female) to USB 2.0 (male) and then I am going to the NZXT USB header device you linked.

So I will be using the USB 3.0 (20 pin) connector on the motherboard. Do you think that will cause any issues?

I ordered the converter from USB 3.0 (female) to USB 2.0 (male) and then I am going to the NZXT USB header device you linked.

So I will be using the USB 3.0 (20 pin) connector on the motherboard. Do you think that will cause any issues?

It will work fine. USB 3 just uses some extra pins but is backwards compatible with previous versions of USB.

Back