Need a soundcard that outputs coax/optical to my receiver

merlin87

Gawd
Im looking for a new sound card since I cant get the x-fi xtrememusic working under vista 64. When I was running with XP 32bit it worked fine.

I only output to my receiver, HK AVR-146, when I watch HD movies. When Im playing games or just browsing I want to output to my regular computer speakers. With my current x-fi I am only getting sound on my comp speakers, and I get nothing when switched to my receiver. It is very frustrating.

I am open to any soundcard that has SPDIF out.

you have to select your output. you cant just have 2 things plugged in different formats and get sound from both at once. and the card is too dumb to auto select. why would you have 2 speaker setups?? the only other possibilty would be to get splitters and plug those into the analog soundcard outputs and send a signal to both. a description and pics of your setup would help though.

hrm?

The X-Fi XtremeMusic is working fine for me under Vista x64. What version driver are you using? If it is of any help, I'm using the Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi series Driver 2.15.0006 from their website.

a little offtopic but how do you connect your xtrememusic soundcard to your regular receiver??? i dont see any non-computer outputs...

Creative theater cables or the multi-out jack with a mini-toslink to toslink optical cable.

Hercules Fortissimo III 7.1 - It's a great card, great sound, and has Optical out as well as vista drivers. I had one in my media center for a while.

Back