Need a replacement power supply for this

andyk

n00b
Hello all
The plug on the end of this power supply is broken, in that the pin section on the end comes away from the body of the plug. Does anyone have any idea what this kind of 4-pin power supply plug is called, and where I might find a replacement for it?
Thanks!
Andy
20210423_082039.jpg
20210423_082057.jpg
20210423_082104.jpg

It'd be really helpful to know what it powers. Generic IED Chinese PSUs don't often cross reference to anything.

It'd be really helpful to know what it powers. Generic IED Chinese PSUs don't often cross reference to anything.
Sorry I may not be able to be of much help as It powers a mini-PC custom built by the guy I bought it from. It's used as a media center, couple of SSD's.

I have that connector on numerous external hard drive enclosures.
Yes I bought an external CD-RW drive for the internal drive itself as the power supply was no where to be found in that store they probably never even got it with the drive
Anyway it was 12/5VDC as most of the uses for this plug are.

The connector is available if you want to chop the end and re-terminate the end.

https://vetco.net/products/4-pin-mini-din-kycon-snap-and-lock-dc-power-connector

Neat but when I hear "Mini Din" I think of the S-Video or PS/2 style thin pins not the bigger gauge pins like these use.
Min Din connectors are fine but if you bend a pin good luck fixing it with out it snapping off! case in point I was given a Bose Wave Radio CD III the CD changer was not working (which is why the previous owner gave it to me) well the pins were mashed down my attempt of fixing them 2 broke off and all of them were needed for it's use.
I would never buy a Bose yes they sound good for their size but can never replace a room of components as their earlier commercials said so plus they are way overpriced for a "Glorified Alarm Clock" LoL!

Back