Need a recommendation for a gaming mouse

PurpleDiamond

Weaksauce
I play FPS games such as TF2 and I need a new mouse. I have a MX 1000 which is a great mouse but it’s starting to fail. I have a G5 rev. 2 at work and it’s a great mouse but I want a mouse that is slightly narrower than both of these mice because after gaming for a few hours my hand hurts – I think I stress my pinky too much when I hold the mouse. I don’t need a ton of buttons, but I do need a scroll wheel with clicks – not the smooth scroll kind. I am right handed and my hand is larger than average. My grip is more of a claw/fingertip kind.

Thanks for your help.

I had the exact same predicament, and I found out the Razer Lachesis fits me perfectly.. Some people will say the DeathAdder is better, but i've yet to try out the Deathadder. I like my Lachesis though, perfect grip for me, and I have a G7, same as the G5, my hand will hurt too.. the thing is too big.

@Drakan290: The Lachesis seems even wider than the G5 so I am surprised to hear that. I have been eyeing the DeathAdder too.

I went to BB last night and got a Sidewinder X5. It is rather narrow in front (where the buttons are) but the bulge on the right side made it very uncomfortable for me. I'll return it and try something else.

I have two death adders. One no longer left clicks so it's found the garbage can. The other is starting to piss me off. I had both less than a year. I will be going to a logitech wired mouse next

@PC_User: I think the MX518 is physicaly identical to the G5 but optical instead of laser.

I am thinking of getting the SteelSeries Ikari Laser. Any idea which B&M stores carry those?

I'm using a Razer Diamondback 3G now and I find it to be just the right size. Before the Diamondback I used a Razer Viper, which had a very similar shape. Both are slightly smaller than the Lachesis.

I've always found logitech make the most functional gaming mice... Any of their high end units (sans the wireless) do great IMO

I've been using a Razer Diamondback for a few years and it was excellent, I needed a mouse for my Laptop so moved the Diamondback to my Laptop bag and just bought a Razer Lachesis, it's also been excellent so far both excellent Mice so i really like Razer.

been pretty happy with my logitech G9. Ive found that razer mice tend to break after a year or so of use (and their customer service is pretty non-existent in my experience with them).

+1 for Razer Diamondback.. been gaming with it and love it. I'm also a 'fingertip/claw' user.. paired this mouse with a Steelseries Qck pad and haven't thought of replacing it. Has held up for 2+ years now without any signs of wear.

Another +1 on the Diamondback. Picked one up at Circuit City (I guess it's the old model or something) for $25. I would have paid $45 easily. I'm not sure about other Razer models but I can say that the Diamondback is an excellent piece of kit.

Having used both the MX518 and the G7 I can say I don't dig Logitech. I've heard nothing but good things from Steelseries, they are who I plan on buying from next.

Ive found that razer mice tend to break after a year or so of use (and their customer service is pretty non-existent in my experience with them).

QFT..but if you hound them enough, you can get a replacement....
They don't make it easy and they pretty much hate me...
I'm on my 5th warranty mouse from them in 3 years.
if I ever have to pay for another mouse, it sure as hell wont be a Razer..

Back