Need a really big and good monitor for cheap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at it right now and love it, but I got it on friday from Circuit City for 330$ AR.

They have 10% off if you order online and choose in store pickup using code PVAB4Q7AAT.

I'm looking at it right now and love it, but I got it on friday from Circuit City for 330$ AR.

Lol, I was going to post it at that price but figured someone already and done that.
Outpost.com and CC have both been playing with the price on this and while it's not a replacement for the 244t for the bucks it's hard to find a 24" even at 399.00.

At least it's worth keeping an eye on the price;)

I think the highest inch/price still belongs to the 22"-ers.

Granted the backlight bleed is horrible, the color accuracy isn't exactly astonishing, and the signal lag is up there.

Yah. I've been watching this monitor for a few months actually. Ever since I got my first LCD about two years ago (a 20"), I've wanted a 24". They still are too much for me though, so I ended up upgrading to a 22" this BF. Maybe next year I can make the jump to a 24"

What an obnoxious thread title.

Just put the product and the price in the thread title so we don't have to click on cryptic threads just to see what the deal is.

Just put the product and the price in the thread title so we don't have to click on cryptic threads just to see what the deal is.

What an obnoxious post. Who the hell asked for your opinion anyway?

If thread clicking is a hardship for you I’m really sorry.:rolleyes:

Oh I just noticed newegg has this for 389 AR with free shipping as well, may help get around taxes, but I'd rather buy a monitor at a B&M.

You need the newegg newsletter to get the 10$ off.

main problem i have with these monitors is inputs, they only have VGA and DVI... no USB, no component.. and definately no HDMI

we have this sweet 24" HP monitor at Best Buy with that sexy piano-black and glass finish to it where you can also tilt and rotate it.... and it is / was $564..... but today some idiot new guy working got a return on a crap monitor and put $179 on the open-item sticker and then filled out the info on the sticker for the 24" HP. Some guy saw it and after we realized it was a mistake, it was too late and he went into a fit until we gave it to him.

So you should've been there today you could've got a 24" for $179

First of all I agree the title needs the item and price. Second of all if you want cheap you can get 22" monitors for half the price.

main problem i have with these monitors is inputs, they only have VGA and DVI... no USB, no component.. and definately no HDMI

It does do HDCP, so with a dvi-hdmi dongle you're ok, afaik. Or I could not really understand/care about hdmi yet.

What an obnoxious post. Who the hell asked for your opinion anyway?

If thread clicking is a hardship for you I’m really sorry.:rolleyes:

It's not just my opinion.

It's a rule of the forum:

"3. All posts must include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread."

It's presumably a rule because it's really obnoxious to look at a page of "deals" that say "want a big cheap monitor?" or "check out this awesome deal on a graphics card!"

Just follow the rules and put the item and price in the title so that people don't have to click every thread just to see what the item is. No need to be cute with your thread titles in the Hot Deals forum.

HDMI *is* DVI. Physically compatible. All you need is a physical adapter or a cable that has DVI on one end and HDMI on the other.

I wish 24 inches was big to me. I'm thinking of dumping my 28 inch in favor of something bigger and I've only had it for a month or two.
I know what you mean. I'm using 24" all day, and I also have a 42" lcd hooked to this computer. I was working with my boss last week, I hooked him up with 2x24" monitors. that's a lot of monitor space, but I'm thinking 2x30" would have been better. Of course, things are different when it's not your money. When it's my money, 22" looks bigger. But i would like to have a second one.

HDMI *is* DVI. Physically compatible. All you need is a physical adapter or a cable that has DVI on one end and HDMI on the other.

you're missing the point.

The point is, Samsung was cheap and only included 2 inputs. VGA and DVI. When most on the market come with VGA, Component, Composite, and DVI or HDMI.

and USB hubs are pretty much standard, also not included.

i agree,

and if you disagree, you probably don't spend much time in hotdeals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back