Need a new very cheap laptop

Ayoralyn

Limp Gawd
Hello everyone!

My dad needs a new laptop. Basicly all it has to do is be able to go online (Wireless). Just needs to be able to check email, upload pictures, that's it. Has to be cheap though. 250 tops I believe. So it might have to be a used one. Also, any advice for not taking a laptop and maybe a PDA or some such, kindle etc will also be apreciated instead. As it's JUST going to be used for traveling. Thanks in advance!

I live in europe. I don't mind newegg links, but just keep in mind it needs to be available in europe as well :)

I'd suggest looking at refurbished Thinkpads. There's apparently a UK site for them similar to the US site -- http://outlet.uk.lenovo.com -- so might have a look there?

Otherwise I'd say that for a price that low... Check out used/refurbished Thinkpad Edge series? Hard to say, and I can't check refurbished/used options for Europe as easily as I can US.

Since it's just going to be used for travel I'd suggest a 13" screen max. Preferably one of the 11.6" screens might do you well -- Thinkpad X120e, Edge E130, etc.

Should be doable though, best of luck!

Back