Need a new Storage Drive ASAP - Ready to Buy - Please Help

Light1984

Gawd
So I am on Newegg right now and I need some more storage. I had my eye on the WD WD1001FALS. Is this a decent drive for simple storage needs? I wont be running any RAID with it, just straight storage.

Thanks,
Josh

Tip #1 for getting a reliable drive: Don't buy from Newegg.

Cue all the egg fanboys who think bubblewrap and peanuts is appropriate disk packaging "because they've never had a problem."

Tip #1 for getting a reliable drive: Don't buy from Newegg.

Cue all the egg fanboys who think bubblewrap and peanuts is appropriate disk packaging "because they've never had a problem."

The complaints are that either there is a serious lack of peanuts allowing the drive to settle all the way to one edge of the box or that two drives were bubble wrapped together. Pack it properly and bubble wrap and peanuts are more than adequate.

The complaints are that either there is a serious lack of peanuts allowing the drive to settle all the way to one edge of the box or that two drives were bubble wrapped together. Pack it properly and bubble wrap and peanuts are more than adequate.

The complaint is that both Seagate and WD explicitly say that bubble wrap and peanuts are NEVER adequate no matter how they are used. It is right there in black and white in their disk packaging guidelines. I got tired of posting the links. You can find them in one of my early posts on the subject.

Back