Need a new router

iYoYo

Limp Gawd
my linsys router died. I guess its time for an upgrade so Im going from G to N. Any recommendations of a cheap/but good enough router+2 wireless usb

Why do you say that your linksys router is dead? I ask this because I have helped a few people fix their router after they thought it was dead by simply resetting it and configuring it again.

I dont plan on fixing it since its garbage. my wifi disappeared and the lights are continiously blinking. it used to be that all the lights are blinking fast but now I checked again and the internet-lights are blinking 5blinks per sec. basically fast blinking.

I got a Netgear WNDR3700 v1 refurb which has been very up and down on the 2.4ghz channel. Certain DD-WRT's versions seem to act very differently. I would say if you could get a normal v1 it's a hard router to beat. Also I wanted to stream 1080p and ripped bluray movies wirelessly and I live in a loft with way too many 2.4ghz routers. So I bought the cheapest dualband usb adapter, Edimax EW-7722, from Newegg and now can stream uncompressed bluray rips with DTS-MA or True-HD perfectly. Running on the 5ghz channel is so much better! And this router can do both at the same time.

Which is perfect since I have 8 devices on the 2.4ghz connection.

eBay might be worth a shot. Could get a refurb WNDR3500 or something for 30-50.

Back