Need a new power supply

annilation

Limp Gawd
Building a new server for my homelab and could use some help as its been a while since I have build a rig.

So far I am using
Xeon E3-1230v2
Corsair H55 cooler
Supermicro matx mobo
32gb ram (4x8GB ddr3)
2x 240GB SSD
4 port nic

I was looking at the Corsair CX500M, XFX TS 550w, or EVGA 500 W1. Thoughts?

Last edited:
My thoughts would be I've always had good luck with Seasonic power supplies, but really bad luck with Supermicro motherboards, but of course that's just my personal experience (and I haven't touched anything Supermicro for years except an old server case that I finally retired this year).

XFX would probably be the best in that lineup. Any particular reason why you're looking at those models?

When I looked at some builds on here those seemed popular. I have used corsairs a few times over the years.

Should I look at something else? I'm open looking for a solid psu under$75

My pick is EVGA, never had an issue with them.My only reservation on the corsair is that some people have had issues with their lower end units, however I have 2 of them that have run fine for 5 years now,

Should I look at something else? I'm open looking for a solid psu under$75

If you can find an EVGA from the GS line or G2 line, at an affordable price for you, take them.
Their quality and performance are great.
Otherwise, just like Tsumi said above, the XFX is probably the best choice among the PSUs you quoted.

Thanks for the input. Pulled the trigger on a XFX 550, not to figure out cleaning up the cables.

Back