Need a new mouse. Who's reliable these days?

entropism

2[H]4U
So I've been using Logitech wireless mice for the past 10+ years, always flagships like the MX revolution/performance/etc line, and most recently the G700s. The click issues with the G700s is making my gaming life hell, so it's time to move on.

Been looking around, and the Logitech G602 or MX Master seems like the obvious choices, but I'm definitely not opposed to looking at other companies, or even wired mice. To be quite honest, the G700s' battery was so bad, I used it as wired for the past 2 years or so.

Generally use a palm grip, hands aren't large (17.5 cm length). Hand has been cramping up with the 700s though, might be looking for something lighter and maybe more appropriately sized? Don't ned a ton of game features, I'm mainly using this for general computer use, and a ton of WoW. 2 thumb buttons are my only real requirement.

So... The Corsair M65 RGB is on sale for $35 but heard mixed reviews. I've heard mixed reviews about Roccat (the Kone Pure and Kone RGB whatever). Always heard a ton of bad shit about Razer. I'm not opposed to sticking with Logitech because of the no hassle replacement warranty.

Anyone have any input?

I've always bought logitech. Had a couple good customer service experiences with them, but it's been a while. Battery life is excellent. Batteries lasting 6 months or more is normal.

I own a g602 and like it. If it fits your hands and needs I could easily recommend it, but if you don't need the extra buttons the m705 is nice and simple. The mx series I've never owned but all look good... Not much for input, but it's something.

M570 Wireless Trackball .. get a year and change on a single battery.. does great gaming as people haven't let up hating me on TF2.

I have the G700, used it wired for desktop use and then wireless when I gamed.
I replaced G700 with the G602 on both my machines and really like the feel and battery life of the G602.

I'm partial to logitech, as I haven't had one fail and build quality seems pretty solid. If you can still find them, the g900 was on sale recently, as its a killer mouse. Feels just as responsible plugged in as in wireless mode.

I had one of the Corsair mice, and I went back to the Logitech. If you're ok with a wire anyway, I'd go with the G502...I used one for a long while and it's a solid, reliable mouse.

I did get a G602 about a month ago though, and I can say it's pretty nice too. Not quite as many bells and whistles as the 502, but it's comfortable, fast, tracks well, and a month later it's still on it's first set of batteries with >70% charge left.

I'm partial to logitech, as I haven't had one fail and build quality seems pretty solid. If you can still find them, the g900 was on sale recently, as its a killer mouse. Feels just as responsible plugged in as in wireless mode.
I've had most of my top end Logitechs fail, but they fail within warranty and they always replace them with brand new mice, so I have been buying Logitech exclusively for the past 21 years now.

I've replaced the MX's pretty frequently (say, 6 months to 1 year each), but the 700s was purchased in 2013. It lasted for a LONG time, and every time I did have a prior issue (be it mouse or keyboard) Logitech usually shipped out a new device and told me to throw out the old one rather than ship it back. I definitely can't fault their warranty at ALL. Just wondered if there was something better out there.

The G403 looks pretty interesting. The wireless version seems overly expensive though.

So... that situation got handled in a surprising manner. Called Logitech to troubleshoot the bad clicking action on the 4 year old G700s. I was told it was "just a few days out of warranty" (what?) and they would just send a replacement.

A few minutes on hold...

"The G700s is out of stock in the warehouse. Choose any mouse under $100 as a free replacement"

Looks like I'm going to have to eventually buy the Powerplay mouse mat for my new G703. Very clever way to upsell the customer, Logitech. Very clever indeed....

Have been using Razer deathadders for a few years now.
Wanted something new. Tried out some Logitechs that friends have(their high end stuff) and they felt awful and cheap.

Bought a Steelseries rival 700, my first steelseries mouse, and it's fantastic. Feels very very sold, like the older logitech mice.

Had the G700(S?) moved to G602. G602 had middle click issues. Returned, got credit, used a 100 dollar gift card i won, got a G900. G900 is probably 4 times battery over my G700, faster, lighter RGB (moot point but still), better sensor etc. I don't charge it that often, but I also don't game much.

The G703 looks solid, and the wireless charging thing is pretty cool, but does lock you into using that 'system'. Let us know how that works.. And hey not really an upsell as you haven't had to fork out anything yet.. :p.

Have been using Razer deathadders for a few years now.
Wanted something new. Tried out some Logitechs that friends have(their high end stuff) and they felt awful and cheap.

Bought a Steelseries rival 700, my first steelseries mouse, and it's fantastic. Feels very very sold, like the older logitech mice.

Steelseries is coming out with a new version of the Rival it looks much better and another version of the Sensei in all it's brown glory.
I went though two Rivals they become mushy after a while.

I personally like Logitech the best and would stay away from Razor products they break quite easily in my experience

EXACTLY!

logitech is not the best for longevity but they have kick ass mice and kick ass warranty

have the 902 602 502 and g700 currently. all very good mice!

g700 is a bit big in your hand (the 902 now i believe) the rest are pretty much standard size.
the 502 u will have a bit of pinky drag but i use it to my advantage while sniping or zooming.

ymmv!

I can definitely tell you to steer clear of Corsair. I bought a K95 keyboard and M65 mouse and ended up returning them. I actually liked the feel of both but the CUE software is so badly written that it either crashed when you loaded it or the devices wouldn't be recognized. Unfortunately, that meant you couldn't control any of their functions. After a lot of troubleshooting and reading in the Corsair forums, I came to the conclusion that this is an ongoing problem and probably won't get better any time soon.

Currently I have a Logitech K800 and M510 that I've been using for years that I've reverted to. Logitech may not make the best, most sexy stuff but every one of their keyboards and mice that I've had has been incredibly solid.

I'm now looking at a G502 and either a G610 or G810.

The best quality mouse I have used is my Corsair Scimitar.
Compared to my previous Steelseries Sensei it is a huge step up in build quality, features and performance is spot on.
The Sensei had low quality buttons and cable, I had failures on both. It felt a bit loose and plasticy Their RMA service was difficult and suspect too (sent another faulty mouse that wasnt new but they made it look new).
The Corsair buttons feel a world apart, they ooze quality.

In the 1.5yrs since getting the Corsair there were intiiial problems solved by updating the firmware and I had to re-install the CUE software once when my saved features stopped working.
The re-install recovered it without having to set it up again.
I use it on a thick cloth covered sofa/cushions. It has awesome tracking.
Highly recommended.

ps I tried a Shogun Ballista Mk1 after reading the rave reviews.
The tracking was brilliant.
But it had a small lag I couldnt get used to so had to return it.
It was otherwise a really good mouse.

I have been using the corsair m65 since they came out. I purchased a second one when the white one came out for an all white build. No issues over a shit load of use.

Back