Need a new mouse for work, please help

Hyper_Psycho

2[H]4U
Hey everyone,

My intelimouse is dying after a few years of college and post college work usage.

I need a wireless mouse. Something with a TINY usb receiver and a on/off switch on the mouse.

It would be cool if it were black and not that expensive. 3 buttons + scroll wheel is a must.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Bingo, get a Logitech vx nano.

I was scared about the small size, but I use mine for 10+ hours a day and it is very comfortable. The scroll wheel is amazing, the usb receiver is freaking tiny (and can store in the mouse) and battery life is amazing. I have been using mine for a month straight and am still on the original set of batteries.

Now if only I could find a keyboard that I am this enthusiastic about :).

shameless Amazon plug since I work there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TKHBDK

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Bingo, get a Logitech vx nano.

I was scared about the small size, but I use mine for 10+ hours a day and it is very comfortable. The scroll wheel is amazing, the usb receiver is freaking tiny (and can store in the mouse) and battery life is amazing. I have been using mine for a month straight and am still on the original set of batteries.

Now if only I could find a keyboard that I am this enthusiastic about :).

shameless Amazon plug since I work there: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000TKHBDK

This looks fantastic... the price is a bit too much ... any other recommendations ?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You get 30 back if you sign up for the Amazon credit card. Maybe you could find a lower price on it somewhere. I am convinced that there is no better wireless mouse on the market right now.

You get 30 back if you sign up for the Amazon credit card. Maybe you could find a lower price on it somewhere. I am convinced that there is no better wireless mouse on the market right now.

Wow you're liking it that much ... hmmm I guess if no one replies by the end of the day I'll get it and that 16-55mm lens I have been eying....

I'm a fan of the Logitech VX Revolution, but haven't tried the nano. The USB receiver is very small:

26-104-016-05.jpg

Don't remember if there's an on/off switch though.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104016

I've tried it and cant get them to pair but I have been told it is possible

It is possible but you have to have the latest version of the intellipoint software loaded (which i can't stand). I would love to use my Rev mouse with the nano receiver but i won't load the software so I'll just deal with the smaller form factor and 2 less buttons. Overall though the nano is a great mouse. I use it on both my Laptop (Asus G50VT-X2) and netbook (Sammy NC10).

It is possible but you have to have the latest version of the intellipoint software loaded (which i can't stand). I would love to use my Rev mouse with the nano receiver but i won't load the software so I'll just deal with the smaller form factor and 2 less buttons. Overall though the nano is a great mouse. I use it on both my Laptop (Asus G50VT-X2) and netbook (Sammy NC10).

I dont like the software either but being able to leave the nano receiver plugged in would be worth it for me. I've used both the desktop suite and the recconnect utils but have had no luck...what am I missing?

i just want to run one of the bigger better logitech wireless mice on a vx nano's usb tranmitter ...

the mouse that im using now is a corded intelimouse that was like 8 bucks at walmart in 2006 ...

Posting to confirm that the VX revo is a great notebook mouse. It doesn't have a charging base though, it runs on batteries so you'll want to be sure to have rechargables handy.

I just use standard energizer aaa batteries and they last forever. I am still on my original set. I do keep some spares in my laptop bag though.

Gonna have to vote for the VX Nano. My sister has one for her laptop and even though it's small it's comfortable to use.

Back