Need a new microphone

I have an old Blue Snowball that has succumb to the problem all Blue Snowballs suffer and has a loose connection now and audio is intermittent. I'm looking into a new microphone and need suggestions. I'll be mounting it on a mic arm I have, and the purpose will be for streaming. I'm kind of tempted to get another snowball because of the price, but I'm wondering if there any other good options out there.

It doesn't have to be USB, I have a Xonar DGX if it's something that will plug into that. I just need something of decent quality for not too much money.

I never had any problems with the quality of the Snowball, and I've had it since March 2012, I'm just unsure if I want to get another one and end up with a similar problem. Though I really like the price :(

Last edited:
The Audio-Technica AT2020 USB is a great mic if you like the snowball. I used one for years and it still works fantastically (I've since handed it off to friend of mine and upgraded to the RODE-NT USB.

If you want to stick with Blue, the Yeti is a good quality mic, though it's HUGE and a bit unwieldy for my tastes.

Back