Need a new gaming monitor 2560x1600

AGN

n00b
Hello. I need a new gaming monitor. My old monitor was a Dell U3014 but I just returned it today since it had a lot of ISP glow which I couldn't live with when playing dark video games / watching videos.

I would like to stay at 2560x1600 resolution and on a 30inch but a 27 will also do.

Can it really be true there is no 2560x1600 gaming monitor out there without severe ISP glow??

I'm ready to throw $2000 after a gaming monitor which can run 2560x1600 without severe ISP glow.

Can you recommend me any? Even 27 perhaps? I will only be using the monitor to BF4 (FPS) and RTS games. And some movie watching.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance :)

EDIT: Is there even any ISP gaming montiors out there without heavy ISP glow?? :O

Already some of the comments of it and some say that this isn't a gamer monitor?

I doubt you will find any 30" gaming monitor. They are all geared up for professional use. Some will be better than others mind.

Have a look at the Viewsonic VP2770, it uses an PLS which is Samsungs take on IPS. It still sufferers from IPS glow from certain angles. Its also pretty quick in terms of response times and input lag is pretty low.

The VP2770 is a 27", its one of the best as far as motion clarity is concerned.

You could have a look at Overlord and see if they have any of those 120Hz Korean panels.

If you despise IPS glow you want a monitor with a VA panel, but I don't think there are many at 2560+ with low input lag for gaming.

I'll wait for NCX to chip in as he is the baron of knowledge when it comes to LCD monitors.

Can it really be true there is no 2560x1600 gaming monitor out there without severe ISP glow??

EDIT: Is there even any ISP gaming montiors out there without heavy ISP glow?? :O
No, U3014 had unbearable corner glow and HP Z30i confirmed to be just as bad from NCX.
No, all IPS panels made by LG suffer from bad glow.
Only plasma will deliver flawless uniformity until OLED is ready.

I doubt you will find any 30" gaming monitor. They are all geared up for professional use..
Actually the U3014 has a gaming mode with 4ms latency (VP2770 is 27ms). :D

Last edited:
The VP2770 is a 27", its one of the best as far as motion clarity is concerned.

You could have a look at Overlord and see if they have any of those 120Hz Korean panels.

If you despise IPS glow you want a monitor with a VA panel, but I don't think there are many at 2560+ with low input lag for gaming.

I'll wait for NCX to chip in as he is the baron of knowledge when it comes to LCD monitors.

I really wish Overlord would get some more coverage. I'm intrigued by what they have and I've run across good feedback.

They need to get in touch with NCX and let him review their monitors and work out something. They need more exposure in general.

I'm still debating going that route vs the new Eizo vs just keep on waiting.

Last edited:
I doubt you will find any 30" gaming monitor. They are all geared up for professional use. Some will be better than others mind.

Have a look at the Viewsonic VP2770, it uses an PLS which is Samsungs take on IPS. It still sufferers from IPS glow from certain angles. Its also pretty quick in terms of response times and input lag is pretty low.

Yeah, right now its basically either go 27" or go TV.

VP2270 is not that slow. Feels like it's in the low teens to me, very comparable to the 60hz Viewsonic VX2703MH TN panel it replaced.

Can it really be true there is no 2560x1600 gaming monitor out there without severe IPS glow??

It is true. 30" have far more glow vs. 27" when used from normal viewing distances (2-3ft). If you like to keep the brightness cranked then the black levels and glow will always be awful.

The 30" models have absolutely zero value vs. the 27" options. One can buy an overclock-able Qnix QX2710 (add a 3 years Square Trade Warranty for <70$) and a gtx 780 ti for the same price as the Dell 3014 and get better colors, less glow, better black levels and gaming performance.

The Eizo EV2736W, BenQ BL2710PT or Viewsonic VP2770 are the best name brand models but they do not overclock.

. said:
Actually the U3014 has a gaming mode with 4ms latency (VP2770 is 27ms). :D

The game mode uses the displays native gamut=inaccurate and over-saturated colors for games, has mediocre color presets and locked color controls. The 3014 also suffers from more ghosting vs. 90% of monitors.

VP2770 signal delay=7ms vs. 14ms+ for most of the other 1440-1600p monitors

I really wish Overlord would get some more coverage. I'm intrigued by what they have and I've run across good feedback.

They need to get in touch with NCX and let him review their monitors and work out something. They need more exposure in general.

Emailed Overlord a few months ago, guess what the answer was?

Last edited:
I would wait a little bit if possible. I think 4K 32" TVs are worth the wait.

I had a Dell 3008WFP, the 30" predecessor of the 3011 and 3014, for several years. It was a great monitor for games, but I never noticed the input lag for which it is known. I replaced it with a Viewsonic VP2770, last month, and there's no doubt that it blows away my old Dell for image quality and motion.

How is the Asus PB278Q compared to the viewsonic?

I'd like to get some input on this ASUS monitor as well. Been seriously considering it s an option, but I've seen mixed reviews on it from Amazon.

Anyone have any feedback they can share with us?

There is a massive thread about it on overclock.net. It had a lot of QA issues mostly with back light bleeding. If you do a forum search you can find the thread.

My old 3007WFP-HC had very uniform backlight but it was a CCFL screen as well. I had no trouble gaming on that one. Not sure about the color accuracy (don't care) or input lag which I'll assume was fairly bad, although it never caused me a problem.

Back