Need a new game, CoD4?

MGCJerry

Limp Gawd
Its been awhile since I've posted here, but I have a question for those in-the-know before I shell out $50 for a game.

SupCom works great after manually installing the "XP only" XCat audio drivers and its been playing great for awhile.... But, I want to shoot and waste people... :D

So, UT3 is out. The demo refused to install, so I had to throw the installer on linux, and decompress the installer to get the files. Once copied to my main machine, it wont run. Entry point not found in ntdll.dll (a windows kernel file).

Now that I've wasted plenty of your time (if you're still reading) My question is...
Does COD4 work on windows 2000?

Or.. Can any of you recommend a good FPS? I'd rather dig out eyeballs face to face with my gun barrel than having to snap a neck or being quiet, so covert games arent my style. Obnoxious, loud and proud all the way. ;)

[size=-3]BTW, I dont want to hear about "upgrading" to XP or vista and how pretty it looks unless you can show me it using under 70MB of RAM in a real operating state (not a 13e7 g4/\/\ | Ng s7r|pP3D d0\/\/n 53tuP). Less resources eaten by the OS, the more resources I have to render my own death and desctruction. Also, if I wanted to "upgrade" to a new OS for every new release, I'd buy a console but I'm a PC gamer.. PC ftw! B'sides Why spend the additional expense and time to reload, reconfigure, applications to play a $50 game when this configuration is running great for what I do now. No Win2k vs XP vs Vista vs *nix vs Mac vs OS/2, etc fanboi flamage.[/size] ;)

get CoD4, its fun. dunno if its windows 2000 capable, but before I went XP i played a few "xp only" games on 2000.

Get COD4. I've only played COD4 on the PS3 but from what I've seen its identical if not a little better for the PC.

Back