Need a new Dell Mobo, but do not know what type

im looking to purchase a new mobo for my Dell 4600. its the last piece in the whole rig that was made by Dell and im ready to get rid of it. like i said the model is the Dell 4600 (not the smaller c version). i have a new mid sized tower. the processor is an intel 3.06GHz but i dont know the type. this was leading to my confusion when looking for a mobo on newegg.

here are my necessary items for the mobo if someone can help me out in finding one because i do not know what i have:

Takes the Intel 3.06GHz that was put into Dell 4600s
AGP video card
at least 4 pci slots
no need for integrated sound, but i dont care if it has it
4 slots DIMM RAM 184 pin
at least 1 ata
at least 1 sata

thanks, and if you need anymore information please ask me

You say it is the last piece of a Dell system, but what about the power supply? Is that Dell too? If I am not mistaken, Dell still uses proprietary supplies that do not use standard ATX motherboard connections. Thus you'll need a new power supply when you change motherboards.

Power supply should have standard connections, we use regular power supplies to test Dell computers at work.

If you still have your dell case be prepared to do some modding. Most Dells use special connection blocks to simplfy the manufacturing process. The connectors for the power sw, led, hd led, front usb and audio are custom.

i have a new case.

the whole socket thing is what gets me, im unable to tell since Dell gave me no documentation and everytime i send them something they give me a BS link that doesnt help at all. it just tells me system specs, not socket type

does the cpu have pins? if it does, u probly have a socket 478. ASUS mobo are wut i'd recommend but make sure your RAM matches their mobo's. Try P4S800 from ASUS and check your RAM if its compatible w/ it.

Back