Need a Motherboard for a LGA775 550 3.4GHZ

wipedout

Limp Gawd
Need a Motherboard for a LGA775 550 3.4GHZ. What would you guys recommend?

Must have:
PCIe
SATA
Onboard sound
Onboard Nic
Firewire
Support for DDR

So what would be a good 925 chipset board? Decided to go ahead and purchase DDR2 instead.

wipedout said:
So what would be a good 924 chipset board? Decided to go ahead and purchase DDR2 instead.

I like my Intel D915PBL, but you want 925 chipset so that's out of the question ;) This is my favorite 925 chipset board.

i had that motherboard, it couldnt overclock worth a shit. spend the extra cash for the AG8 or youll be sorry

DFI's quality never impressed me. Here's my short list of boards for a LGA775 processor.

i925X based
P5AD2 Premium
P5GDC
AA8 Duramax

i925XE (1066FSB Support) based
P5AD2-E Premium
AA8XE Third Eye
AA8XE Fatal1ty (Overrated but still a good board.)

If your not overclocking then Intel's own branded boards are damn good products. Good bundle included, great layout and superb stability. I myself own a D915PBL and it's great. I am waiting on a SLi capable Pentium 4 board before I get another one. Aside from overclocking I wouldn't get anything else for my money out of the boards above over what I've got that's really worth the cost increase.

Gigabyte has two such boards, which if your interested in SLi they have them, you'll of course have to wait a few weeks until they hit shelves. I personally don't like Gigabyte boards so I am waiting for another brand to come out with an SLi P4 board.

Well for DDR 1 support you've basically got the P4P800 and the AS8 or the Lan Party board.

Personally I hate DFI. So I won't recommend that one. But the orignal thread starter wanted DDR 1 and PCI-Express. So that really leaves

D915GVL
P5GDC
P5GD1

And that's all I can think of. I am sure there are more of course. But that's my short list of boards that I would recommend for the specified criteria.

I have the 550, and personally, I love my board
DFI 915p-t12

Great features, nice price, great stability... no complaints!

i also have the same CPU you have and a BFG 6800GT....
i looked arround for a mobo that had all the features i could desire and i ended up purchasing the EPOX EPA5+
i am very very happy with my purcahse...
it has everything you could desire (except firewire)
but if you have a SB Audigy series card like i have..... firewire aint a problem

hrees ya a link http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-123-224&depa=0

I'd recommend the Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro . Has support for PCI-E, DDR and DDR2. So you can use your current DDR, and upgrade later. Also supports both IDE (2 ports) and SATA for future upgrade.

Brav said:
I'd recommend the Gigabyte GA-8I915P Duo Pro . Has support for PCI-E, DDR and DDR2. So you can use your current DDR, and upgrade later. Also supports both IDE (2 ports) and SATA for future upgrade.

Gigabyte quality isn't that good. I replace a number of them regularly at work. (Work in a tech shop) and the P5AD2-E will give better overclocking results.

Cutting corners on your motherboard isn't the place to do it if your going to reduce system costs at all.

Is the performance difference that much between DDR1 and DDR2 on the 915p boards that can use either?

Yea, I havent heard the best about them, but that board is decent, and one of the few that has those features to run current and past technology. Only reason I recommended. Obviously I rethank and got a P5AD2-E P :D

Back