Need a laptop, no idea where to begin.

Well, I have an aging desktop system that is getting ready to die (2500+ with 512mb ram and a ti4200 gfx card). I have a good LCD screen that would be nice to hook the laptop into as this purchase is actually going to totally replace my desktop as far as home computing needs go.

What this laptop needs to be able to do is:

World of Warcraft: This is really one of the only computer games I currently play, and I need this system to be able to handle it hopefully in a native res so it doesn't look/feel like complete crap. I am hoping for graphics performance similar to the ti4200. Certaintly won't be playing Quake 4 on this.

Photoshop CS2: I do a lot of digital photography on the road and I love visiting friends and working on photos before sharing them.

Wirelessly browse the web: This can be done with notebooks from the 90's so I don't think this is much of a concern other than I would like for the battery life while browsing wirelessly to be tolerable.

Other than those 3 things, which are the bulk of what I would consider "performance" related requirements, I want someting fairly small. Deffinatly in the 15" and under catagory. In the neighborhood of 5-6lbs. A widescreen would be a plus for the occational movie viewing.

Finally the less money I can spend the better!

Any suggestions at all from people who use their laptop for similar stuff? Am I asking too much out of a laptop?

I'm currently have one hell of a problem with a Packard Bell easynote H5315.

So they maybe 1 to stear clear of.

Back