Need a laptop. Need advice

jester1176

[H]ard|Gawd
I want a good gaming laptop that's no bigger than 15 inches. I'd prefer 12-14in but if 15 is it, 15 is it. Primary applications are Starcraft, Diablo, TF2 and Battlefield 3.

The only requirement I have is that it's not made by Alienware.

I have a M15x and I just don't like their build quality at all :(

I'll check back early and often if people have questions or feedback. Thanks in advance!

=-> Jessie

Good and 12-14" doesn't really work too well. I've had several Alienware's in the past, and the build quality has never been a problem. My M17x I received not too long ago has absolutely top notch build materials, and feels quite expensive, not to mention that it mangles most desktop's. Unless you plain didn't take care of your laptop, I can't see how build quality is an issue.

I'd recommend looking at cyberpowerpc.com or originpc.com. Alienware did just open up their M14x R2. Be warned that the keyboard sucks on most of the 'custom built' laptops. Going to MSI or ASUS laptop wouldn't be a bad idea.

Asus has a reputation for terrible keyboards...not sure about MSI. Also, I've heard mostly great things about AW keyboards, particularly on the larger M17x and M18x. Maybe the smaller ones are a differnet story? Doesn't really matter though since teh OP doesn't want AW.

Introducing the EX-L 15. The world's most powerful 15.6" gaming notebook, the EX-L 15 features support for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core i7 processor and the fastest notebook GPUs on the planet – the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 600 series. This top-of-the-line technology contains all the latest connectivity ports and features Optimus technology for maximum 3D performance when you need it, and power savings for on the go.

With support for up to 384 NVIDIA stream processors, Intel 2nd and 3rd generation quad-core processors up to 3.7GHz, up to 32GB of DDR3-1600 MHz, and even SSD caching, the eX-L 15 combines all of the fastest hardware on the market in a remarkably portable form factor. Play all your DX11 games at enjoyable resolutions and fine detail, or create and edit HD video without effort, all in a compact, affordable, and extremely portable package.
hope this helps...

Back