Need a good low profile waterblock for 8800gts

Shadowspawn

[H]ard|Gawd
I just finished a build in my new NZXT Rogue to find that the powersupply sits very low over the top of my video card. It is so low that it is sitting on top of my waterblock where the tubes connect. I need a good replacement waterblock that will let the tubes connect within the body of the video card - not above. All the blocks I have found so far have the connectors above. Does anyone have a good suggestion? I may not be describing this well enough - I'll throw in a picture when I get off of work here in a couple of hours.

I just finished a build in my new NZXT Rogue to find that the powersupply sits very low over the top of my video card. It is so low that it is sitting on top of my waterblock where the tubes connect. I need a good replacement waterblock that will let the tubes connect within the body of the video card - not above. All the blocks I have found so far have the connectors above. Does anyone have a good suggestion? I may not be describing this well enough - I'll throw in a picture when I get off of work here in a couple of hours.

Like this Alphacool Block?
5253_1__15-64035_2.jpg

How low is low? Can you get away with 90 degree elbows for the time being? Otherwise its time for a dedicated full cover block by the likes of EK or Danger Den. The Alphacool above wouldn't work because the inlet outlet are in the exact same position as the OP's PSU if I understand his graphic card location correctly.

No ElMoIsEviL, that will not do it.

I promised pictures but I have managed to lose my cable for my camera.

Essentially there is about one inch between the top edge of the video card and the bottom of the power supply.

MrE is correct in that the cooler you chose looks like it's top edge will be parallel with the top edge of the card and my 90 degree elbows are about 1.5 inches tall.

I need a cooler that has its inlet and outlet on the face of the cooler.

MrE, I am using a full cover block. That is the problem - all of the full cover blocks except for one that I have found (out of stock) have their ports at the top edge of the card. Do you have to recommend?

This is the closest FC block that looks like it might clear. Take a pic of your PSU location along with a ruler showing your clearance from the video card to the PSU.

Back